Job Vacancy: Health Advisor
The HCV Tx study aims to investigate the optimal modalities of hepatitis C virus treatment among people who inject drugs (PWID) and their partners in Nairobi and the North Coast region (Mombasa, Kilifi and Malindi counties).
We are looking to hire several positions for our research team based in Nairobi and North Coast.
We are committed to excellence in our research, and to working with vulnerable populations with the utmost respect and care.
We require all team members to provide ethical and respectful services to vulnerable, key populations, and to maintain flexible hours in order to interface effectively with international partners.
Health Advisors will be responsible for the data collection activities for the study, including interviews and blood draws. Health Advisors must be comfortable working with PWID in the locations where PWID and their partners live and dwell.
/he will be report to the Study Coordinator. S/he must be able to work with minimal supervision and for long hours when necessary.
Responsibilities will include:
- Screen and enroll eligible HCV-infected people who inject drugs (PWID) and their partners
- Perform blood draws for people enrolled in the study
- Conduct interviews with study participants using mobile data entry technology
- Be responsible for follow up of participants by either home visits or phone calls
- Maintain familiarity with the protocol and standard operation procedures of the study
- Provide ongoing counseling and relevant referrals for participant support, including HCV care services, support groups, violence prevention organizations, and more
- Document clinic, home visits and phone calls on source documents and CRFs
- Safeguard source documents and CRFs and ensure data quality
- Participate in community engagement activities and meetings
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as needed for the Study coordinator
- Meet the agreed targets
- Any other duties as directed by study coordinator or investigators
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or higher diploma in: public health, nursing, clinical officer or other health-related fields
- Willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, including occasional nights and weekends, in order to interface with key populations and international partners
- Experience in Home-Based Counseling and Testing is desirable
- Experience in social work and research projects
- Experience or training in phlebotomy is desirable
- Experience working with key populations (particularly PWID) is desirable.
- Experience with viral hepatitis testing and treatment, including hepatitis B or C is desirable
To apply online CLICK HERE and then email your current CV, copies of certificates and testimonials to email@example.com not later than March 5, 2020
All applications should be addressed to the Principal Investigator HCV TX Study.
N/B Applications without the above-mentioned qualifications or required certificates will NOT be considered.
Please note that the appointment is on a one-year contract term renewable on mutual agreement and availability of funds