The Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company (KMRC) was established as a key institution to support the Affordable Housing Pillar of the Government’s Big 4 Agenda.
In establishing KMRC, the Government adopted a public private partnership (PPP) arrangement with majority private sector ownership.
KMRC is a newly established non-deposit taking mortgage liquidity company under the supervision of the Central Bank of Kenya with the core mandate of mobilizing and providing long-term funds to primary mortgage lenders (Banks, Microfinance Banks and Saccos) in order to increase the availability and affordability of mortgage loans to Kenyans.
In order to drive our strategy, we seek to recruit suitable candidates in various positions who will support KMRC in attaining its commitment to affordable housing for Kenyans.
We require a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Head of HR & Administration
Job Ref: HR 2/1/2020
Purpose of the Job: The Head of Human Resource and Administration will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources and Administration services, policies, and programs for the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
I. Managerial Roles and Responsibilities:
a) Develop and monitor implementation of effective human resources strategies and policies in line with the business strategy;
b) Coordinate recruitment, deployment and retention of quality talents for the Company for optimal alignment of Human Capital to the strategic mandate;
c) Coordinate organizational Training Needs Assessment and plan training and development interventions in line with the overall strategy for improved performance;
d) Develop and maintain a cohesive and flexible performance-based culture that will deliver on the Company’s objectives;
e) Review the Company’s organizational structure for optimal establishment to support business processes and ensure effective manpower and succession planning;
f) Develop and maintain competitive remuneration and grading structures;
g) Develop and maintain robust administrative systems on Records Management, Transport and office maintenance;
h) Manage Employee Relations, Welfare, Safety and Health to foster a conducive work environment and ensure legal compliance;
i) Coordinate and supervise the administrative function and outsourced services of the organization including security services, management of the office premises, facilities and all office equipment and property and ensure safety in the workplace and provision of working tools;
j) Provide strategic direction on administration of the Company through development and implementation of administrative strategies, policies, procedures and systems;
k) Supervise direct reports work and other administrative matters; and
l) Mentor and coach staff.
II. Operational Roles and Responsibilities
a) Maintain and monitor the integrity of the Human Resources Information Management Systems for accurate employee data;
b) Develop and monitor implementation of the Human Resources and Administration Departmental budget for cost management;
c) Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the HR department;
d) Coordinate and ensure the successful implementation of change management initiatives;
e) Ensure implementation of management directives on administrative matters;
f) Review performance of direct reports; and
g) Identify training needs for direct reports.
III. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas:
The jobholder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows:
- Compliance with statutory obligations
- Development and implementation of the strategic initiatives for the Human Resources department.
- Management of minor and major projects like job evaluation; organization structure reviews; salary reviews.
- Manage staff separation and termination of contracts
- Management of the HR & Administration Budget.
- Effective supervision of employees assigned to the department
- Maximization of productivity in the department
- Continuous process improvement of services offered by the department
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
Department: Human Resource and Administration Department
Position Reports to: CEO
- Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Human Resources Officer
*Required Master: Human Resource Management/Business Administration/Social Studies/Other
* Required Degree: Human Resource Management/Business Administration/Social Studies/Other
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The jobholder must possess:
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Social Studies or related from a recognized institution.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resource management, Business Administration, Social Studies or related from a recognized institution.
- A Higher National Diploma in Human Resource Management from IHRM
- Minimum Ten (10) years’ experience in the HR Profession
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Holder of a Valid Practicing Certificate from IHRM
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have strong management and Leadership skills
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Should have problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
- Should demonstrate ability to identify and respond to risk areas within the department
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
- Knowledge of Corporate reporting
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle departmental budgets, resources, processes, projects and relationships
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate departmental goals
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Applications should be received on or before close of business on 28th February, 2020.
KMRC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
KMRC Website: https://kmrc.co.ke/careers