Our Client, a market leader in the provision of integrated financial services, seeks to recruit a Head of Operations.
The Head of Operations will have overall responsibility for the management and delivery of all contracted services for individual customers or a portfolio of customer accounts.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring that services delivered meet the contracted specifications and expectations established with customers, whilst improving quality and customer satisfaction.
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Location: Nairobi
Main duties and responsibilities.
- Drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating processes, procedures, and automation to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects.
- Work closely on supporting our internal and external customers and ensuring that their needs and issues are being addressed
- Developing and improving incidents and change management within the organization.
- Driving initiatives regarding improvements to existing tools & processes.
- Providing feedback on new practices & procedures in order to scale with the rapid expansion of the organizations platform and customer base.
- Providing effective leadership for the organizations services to the customer
- Developing and enhancing the strategic relationship with the customer on a medium to long term basis.
- Delivering against Service Level Agreements, customer commitments and Service Improvement Programs.
- Working effectively with the customer and internal delivery teams – principally Account Management, Service Desk, Infrastructure & Operations, Retail business, Digital Marketing, User experience.
- Monitoring and improving levels of customer satisfaction (Net Promoter Score).
- Developing and delivering service account roadmaps, working alongside Service Account Managers and Solution/Technical Architects and Engineering teams.
- Providing effective tactical and strategic advice, coaching and guidance to Field / On site staff, Service Desk agents, Service Management staff with a focus on operational delivery
- For all direct reports, provide personal/career development
- Ensuring effective resource management, influencing and identifying required resources within Operations and wherever possible forecasting ahead in a timely manner
- Setting and managing SMART objectives for direct reports
- Managing and controlling contractual scope and the organizations compliance against the scope
- Managing and delivering the Profit and Loss account to agreed targets (when applicable)
- Working with Service Account Managers on account planning and subsequent delivery of the plan including relationship mapping/management, identifying upsell opportunities, securing and maintaining reference-ability, winning renewals and re-procurements.
- Working across Operations to support the delivery of cost reduction plans, working closely with Operations management and the customer
- Supporting the budgeting process (as requested)
- Identifying and if necessary, securing upsell opportunities
- Supporting the effective transition of the new services into BAU adhering to Service Transition Process (where applicable)
- Attending quality and service reviews and ensuring that these happen in accordance the organizations guidelines
- Reviewing and approving key Service Management documentation for customer engagements
- Developing and publicizing Service Management best practice processes, procedures, guidelines and templates for the organization.
- Populating and maintaining the Customer Engagement Register including open actions, risks, issues, dependencies etc.
- Creating and managing any contracted Quality documentation e.g. Service Operations Manual, Asset Risk Assessment Register, Communications Plan etc.
- Creating a vision for the customer
- Driving the delivery, efficiency and effectiveness of the contracted services
- Challenging the status quo to bring about improvements in Service Management tools, processes and the organization
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Mathematics/Business
- Experience within a management position with a focus on IT management/development.
- At least 5-7 years of management experience with a focus on IT and Service Management.
- Business experience gained in Service Management and/or Business Management roles, across a range of customers
- Relationship building with senior members of an organization – gaining trust and confidence from customers
- Understanding of selling and marketing processes and practices;
- Ability to handle difficulties, performance problems and conflict between team members;
- Ability to understand and manage financial issues relating to budgets and forecasts and to maximize profit through negotiation;
- Knowledge of outsourcing models – through different generations e.g. Service Management vs. Service Integration;
- Ability to work as part of a team with a high degree of drive, determination and motivation to succeed;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proven strong customer relationship and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to innovate and drive service roadmaps
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and presentation skills
- Be able to demonstrate IT related problem-solving skills
- Undertaking or have undertaken specific service management training e.g. ITIL
- Experience driving and presenting root cause analysis and error correction from operational events to senior management.
- Leading development life cycle processes and best practices, esp. in the areas of automation and monitoring
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision and keep up with a fast-moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Head of Operations on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.