Our client, an interior fit outs construction company based in Nairobi with projects country wide is seeking to hire a Health and Safety Officer – Reliever (4 months) (Interior – Fit outs).
Overall Job Purpose: To ensure compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) Act 2007 and related company policies providing a conducive working environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Advice & instruct on various safety related issues e.g. use of machinery
- Assist the Site Supervisors day-to-day management of Safety function in the sites.
- Compile and maintain relevant register to ensure compliance
- Implement health, safety policy and objectives in line with the statutory requirements;
- Coordinate Health & Safety Committees facility activities in conjunction with committee officials
- Oversee workplace repair, installations & any other work that could harm employee safety
- Prepare and submit periodical safety performance management reports as guided
- Manage and monitor issuance and usage of PPEs, including PPE inventory
- Coordinate health & safety induction of new employees and brief/awareness for contractors as necessary.
- Conduct periodical workplace health & safety inspection on facilities to ascertain compliance
- Diploma/Certificate in occupational health and safety/ management
- Certified in safety management with at least 2 years’ work experience
- Proven experience as safety officer within Kenya preferably the construction industry
- Must have knowledge of hazardous materials and practices
- Diligent with great attention to detail and attention to risk and hazard identification
- The ability to work on several sites/ workplaces simultaneously
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject as “Health and Safety Officer” not later than 14th February 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity and does not discriminate against the applicants on any basis.