ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Field Communication Officer 3
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: The Field Communication Officer will be responsible for driving the development of Community Engagement and Accountability training across ICRC delegations Africa and ensuring community engagement and accountability to affected people is built in to the organization’s ways of working, emergency operations and long-term programmes.
Based in Nairobi, the Field Communication Officer will be responsible for training ICRC staff members, enabling and/or improving their capacity to integrate a more systematic approach to Community Engagement and Accountability to affected people throughout the programme cycle.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plan and deliver Community Engagement trainings to ICRC staff and volunteers and for the various networks and working groups they support, providing people with the skills and knowledge to launch and manage Community Engagement (CE) tools and approaches within their programmes and operations;
- Support the rolling out and adaptation of CE tools, methodologies and activities to support programmes and operations;
- Work closely with ICRC delegations to help them identify training and mentoring needs to strengthen the capacity of staff and volunteers;
- Understand staff learning paths and adjust training opportunities, activities, and methods as necessary;
- Support evidence-based learning demonstrating the impact of community engagement on the quality and effectiveness of programming by supporting the rolling out of research, impact surveys, perceptions studies and case studies;
- Support production and dissemination of internal and external reports, evaluations, brochures, case studies, press releases and web stories that demonstrate the impact of community engagement;
- Support teams to develop activity plans, budgets and to put in place robust monitoring and reporting processes.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in development studies, international Relations or in humanities science;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in planning and delivering community engagement approaches, beneficiary communication to communities at a national level;
- Experience setting up and managing tools for communication with communities. Eg radio programmes, TV shows, SMS systems, community committees, social mobilization or mobile cinemas and community dramas etc;
- Experience working for humanitarian or development organizations, within the context of developing countries.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 06th March 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Field Communication Officer 3 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.