ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Housekeeper – Short term contract
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Housekeeper maintains a clean, sanitary, comfortable environment for the ICRC premises.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plans and performs the daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly cleaning activities of the premises;
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene of the assigned ICRC premises;
- Report without delay any loss, damage or maintenance requirement in the assigned premises to concerned hierarchy;
- Reports when possible in advance about the vulnerable furniture and equipment to help prevent actual damage;
- Ensure rational use of cleaning materials, chemicals and detergents to help protect the environment;
- Informs hierarchical superior about any issues regarding the premises (material used to carry out duties, other material malfunction, damaged furniture, premises degradation, etc.)
- Contacts and support maintenance when needed;
- Ensure rational use of the utilities in the residences.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Minimum KCSE or equivalent;
- Relevant Certificate in Housekeeping;
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Previous working experience with International Organizations (preferred);
- Good written and spoken English;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 21st February 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Housekeeper must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.