ICRC Dar es Salaam Mission in Tanzania is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Light Vehicle Driver (Kibondo)
Tanzanian nationals / residents only
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Mission in Dar es salaam co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kibondo and Dar es salaam Tanzania.
Overall Responsibility: The Light Vehicles Driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive vehicles safely – according to traffic regulations and ICRC internal rules – to any required destinations (ICRC premises, ICRC areas of intervention, partners/authorities’ offices, airport, etc.);
- Supports Admin Officer in ensuring proper follow-up of vehicle (cleaning, refuelling, servicing, and repair) and fleet monitoring tools – Logbooks etc;
- Drive people, material and/or mail according to the given instructions;
- Supports in purchase of food, cleaning materials, stationary;
- Supports Administration Officer to find the list of suppliers in Western Corridors;
- Maintains the generator in good running and safe condition by ensuring the fuel supply;
- Ensure proper waste management according to local contract opportunities;
- Monitor the stock of vehicle spare parts, cleaning items and various small tools around the compound.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- Minimum secondary school level education from a recognized institution;
- Minimum 5 years Driving experience (experience in a similar organization is an asset);
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar function;
- Good knowledge of English (spoken & written), Kiswahili and either Kirundi or Kiha are an asset;
- Good knowledge of Kigoma and Kagera regions (main/secondary roads, main cities and villages);
- Master’s 4/4 and VHF use;
- Vocational mechanical training.
The interested candidates should submit their applications latest by 04.03.2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (certificates, driving license etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Dar es salaam Mission, HR Department via: E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Light Vehicle Driver must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required academic & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.