ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Regional Procurement Assistant
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law arid universal humanitarian principles.
Overall Responsibility: The Regional Procurement Assistant supports the Regional Procurement Manager and the Purchasing team in all procurement activities carried out within the assigned region and ensures these activities are in compliance with the ICRC rules and procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assists the Regional Procurement Manager in his validations for selection table and contracts;
- Supervises & supports the region in the “paperless profile” dematerialization project; –
- Organizes onsite visit/briefing/training whenever necessary in regard to “paperless profile” dematerialization project & related purchasing procedures;
- Assists the region by guiding the purchasers on supplier’s files management and archiving to ensure a smooth review and audit for accountability;
- Responsible for the administration of the Services and Tasks Management (STM) database for Logistics Support Centre (LUN) Regional tender services & all related communication;
- Ensures that all tenders are launched & closed ¡n a timely manner for the assigned region in accordance with the ICRC standard purchasing procedures;
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Holder of a Degree in Purchasing or Business Administration from a recognized university;
- 5 years’ experience in a similar field;
- Previous working experience with International Organizations is an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (knowledge of French is an asset);
- Advanced Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases), fluent internet user;
- Excellent knowledge of purchasing processes;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Good analytical and organizational skills;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen;
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 06th March 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to
ICRC Logistics Support Centre,
via Email: email@example.com
The reference Regional Procurement Assistant must be stated in the application to be valid, if you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.