The Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company (KMRC) was established as a key institution to support the Affordable Housing Pillar of the Government’s Big 4 Agenda.
In establishing KMRC, the Government adopted a public private partnership (PPP) arrangement with majority private sector ownership.
KMRC is a newly established non-deposit taking mortgage liquidity company under the supervision of the Central Bank of Kenya with the core mandate of mobilizing and providing long-term funds to primary mortgage lenders (Banks, Microfinance Banks and Saccos) in order to increase the availability and affordability of mortgage loans to Kenyans.
In order to drive our strategy, we seek to recruit suitable candidates in various positions who will support KMRC in attaining its commitment to affordable housing for Kenyans.
We require a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Job Ref: HR 5/1/2020
Purpose of the Job: The position is mandated to install and maintain computer hardware, software and networks; to facilitate and effectively ensure that the information flow that ensures that the ICT needs of KMRC are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
I. Managerial Roles and Responsibilities
a) Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan to minimise the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of the Company’s information;
b) Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management;
c) Supervise the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in line with the Company’s growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements;
d) Supervise ICT system administration in specials projects, including planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for new system implementations;
e) Develop and coordinate implementation of records management policies and procedures in KMRC to ensure all staff adhere to as set out in the Company;
f) Develop and Supervise the implementation of retention and disposal schedules to identify the records to be disposed of in order to create space in office and storage equipment for the management of current records; and
g) Approve plans and budgets for projects and make any adjustments needed.
II. Operational Roles and Responsibilities:
a) Provide IT related support, by reviewing the Company’s needs, in terms of computerization, telecommunication, and other technology;
b) Manage the installation of new versions of the systems used and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems in its functioning;
c) Manage the office multi-user computer network, as well as data and telecommunication facilities;
d) Plan the acquisition of specific computer software, coordinate its introduction into the office, and managing its maintenance;
e) Organize user training and support for all staff in KMRC;
f) Coordinate records management through establishment of a computerized records management system for the office in accordance with company’s guidelines and policies;
g) Provide technical guidance and support to regional offices on IT policies, maintenance of network and systems, and coordinate implementation of new system in zonal offices;
h) Scout for new technological innovations within KMRC’s core business areas; and
i) Support the design and implementation of IT policies and procedures.
III. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Result Areas:
The jobholder’s accountability areas are outlined as follows:
- Successful implementation of quality control standards for services offered by the department
- Effective supervision of employees assigned to the department
- Maximization of productivity in the department
- Continuous process improvement of services offered by the department
- Ensure customer satisfaction for the consumers of the services offered by the department
Department: ICT Department
Position Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
- ICT Officer
*Required Master: IT/Computer Science
* Required Degree: IT/Computer Science/Software Engineering
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The jobholder must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/ Computer Science, Software Engineering from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in IT/ Computer Science from a recognized institution would be added advantage
- Certification in IT – CISA/CISM, or any other ICT certifications
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in the IT Profession
- Should have adequate knowledge of the financial sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the sector
- Should be well knowledgeable of the ICT trends in the market
- Knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Public Archives and Documentation Service Act Cap. 19 of the Laws of Kenya, Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2014, The Information and Communications (Amendment) Act, 2013 and the Public Finance Management Act, 2012.
- Knowledge of professional standards such as ISO 15489:2001, ISO 9001:2008
- Knowledge in budgeting processes
- Must have ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate assigned goals
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Should have strong analytical and be result oriented
- Must have high standards of integrity and ethical practice
- Must be capable of functioning effectively both as a team player and a team leader
- Must have management skills
- Must have ability to accurately plan work assignments, prioritize tasks and deliver deadlines
- Should have problem solving and decision making abilities
- Should be an effective communicator with the ability to handle both internal and external communication
- Should have effective people management and conflict resolution skills
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Applications should be received on or before close of business on 28th February, 2020.
KMRC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
KMRC Website: https://kmrc.co.ke/careers