The International Republican Institute (IRI) is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) focused on democracy, human rights and development.
IRI is seeking resumes / CVs for local hire for the position of Local Facilitator / Inclusion Specialist to support and guide program implementation for the international Republican Institute’s Kenya portfolio.
Hiring for this position is contingent upon the International Republican Institute (IRI) receiving funds to conduct work in Kenya.
The Inclusion Specialist (IS) is responsible for
- managing the gender and inclusion aspects of IRI’s Kenya portfolio through planning and implementation of trainings, management of grant activities, monitoring and evaluation of Inclusion projects, writing and reporting to IRI’s Program Manager (or designee) and coordinating logistics such as participant follow-ups and legislative monitoring.
Specific qualifications include;
- Knowledge of methodologies and best practices for promoting gender equality, equity and women empowerment in general and in Kenya;
- Experience running gender equality, PWD and women’s empowerment activities;
- experience in peace and development and human rights programming;
- Experience working with government and civil society actors at the subnational/ county-level;
- Ability to lead strategic planning, program development and implementation, results-based management and reporting.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance on gender for the implementation of programs and in utilizing key gender mainstreaming and project management tools and processes
- Ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment best practices are mainstreamed into program approach, implementation and monitoring and evaluation .
- Provide analysis and strategic advice on current gender issues and opportunities to support inclusive engagement of women in governance processes .
- Ensure knowledge sharing, documentation and dissemination of good practices on gender equality, women’s empowerment and rights
- Identify and advise on entry points for new relationships and initiatives for IRI to strengthen primarily local capacities for inclusive policymaking and to support the advancement of women’s empowerment and gender equality
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume/CV to IRIKenyajobs@IRI.org by March 13 2020.
Please include the following in your cover letter current salary; how your experience and qualifications fit the requirements; any language skills or specific technical skills; and available start date.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at www.IRI.org.