Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent international humanitarian aid and development organization, serving humanity for over 35 years by striving to make the world a better, fairer place.
With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
We remain guided by the timeless values and teachings of the Qur’an and prophetic example. As such, you don’t need to be a Muslim to work for us, but you will need to show a commitment to our faith-inspired values – sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship.
If you like what you have read so far and if you are committed to serving the millions trapped in poverty and suffering, then please apply for any appropriate vacancy below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Kenya Office is currently recruiting for the position of Country Director to join and lead the Country Management Team in International Programme Division.
Job Title: Country Director
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Full Time
The purpose of job is:
- To represent Islamic Relief at all levels in country
- To strengthen IR’s relations with the wider humanitarian and development community to consolidate and develop the visibility and image of the organisation
- To deliver effective programmes according to the Country Programme and Regional Strategies
- To ensure maximum impact of the organisation’s work, facilitate professional communication systematically and cooperate between the different parts of the IR family.
- To lead, manage and develop staff in order to ensure that the country office is capable of fully achieving its agreed targets.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, International Relations/ or other relevant discipline.
- Experience on working as a Country Director, or a senior management role with an International NGO in a complex emergency.
- Experience and knowledge of current trends and future trends of the humanitarian and development sector, and in particular a thorough understanding of the Kenya context.
- Proven experience of successful resource mobilisation including strategic engagement with institutional donors.
- Proven experience and skills in project design including developing innovative ideas and multi-sectoral and complex emergencies
- Ability to think strategically, innovate and achieve results
- Excellent Communication skills in English both in writing and orally with impact.
- Able to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management.
- An in depth understanding of international development issue.
How to Apply
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility or willingness to acquire relevant work permit for Kenya.
- receipt of satisfactory references
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Closing Date: Sunday 23 February 2020
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on an ongoing basis and the vacancy may close earlier than the above closing date) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer