Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent international humanitarian aid and development organization, serving humanity for over 35 years by striving to make the world a better, fairer place.
With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
We remain guided by the timeless values and teachings of the Qur’an and prophetic example. As such, you don’t need to be a Muslim to work for us, but you will need to show a commitment to our faith-inspired values – sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship.
If you like what you have read so far and if you are committed to serving the millions trapped in poverty and suffering, then please apply for any appropriate vacancy below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Kenya office is currently recruiting for the position of Finance Manager to join the Country Management Team.
Job title: Finance Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Hours: Full Time
The purpose of the job is to manage the national finance function and effective control of all financial matters ensuring reporting and compliance with donors and Islamic Relief financial guidelines.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CCAB) or equivalent or partly qualified With substantial relevant experience in INGO, MBA will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Dynamics AX an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial managers.
- Ability to manage and supervise finance and non-finance staff in multiple and remote locations.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and needs.
- Ability to develop and build capacities of staff.
- A team player
How to Apply
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility or willingness to acquire relevant work permit for Kenya.
- receipt of satisfactory references
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Closing Date: Sunday 23 February 2020
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on an ongoing basis and the vacancy may close earlier than the above closing date) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer