Job Vacancy: Site Coordinator – Mariakani
KANCO is regional membership network of Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions as well as associate membership that includes individuals and international organization involved in or that have interest in HIV/AIDs , Tuberculosis (TB) and other public health care concerns responding to HIV & AIDS and TB in Kenya
KANCO’s mission is to improve health and well-being among communities through capacity building and promotion of innovative leadership .
Guided by the vision – healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in Kenya and in sub-saharan Africa.
KANCO is recruiting a Site Coordinator who will be based in Mariakani.
S/he will provide leadership and management during implementation of Drop in Centre activities targeting Key population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management during implementation of Drop in Centre activities targeting Key Population in close coordination with other staff.
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative working relationships with County relevant GOK,Ministries,CSO’s and other relevant local stakeholders within the areas of operation.
- Coordinating peer educators to ensure mobilization is done and reports are submitted on time.
- Responsible for managing the timely and quality completion of all program technical administrative deliverables and reports in accordance with donor guidelines.
- Identify potential programing ideas/opportunities and convert them into clear, concise concept notes, proposals with corresponding budgets to increase program funding base.
- Monitoring Project activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data, and involving the team (and where applicable local health authorities) in analysis and taking appropriate action as needed to ensure continued progress.
- Developing and submitting quality, accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the donor in accordance with donor guidelines.
- Degree in social sciences or related field.
- 3 years work experience in Project Management with demonstrated success in project planning. Previous experience working with an NGO will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Key Population Programming.
- Work experience in HIV and AIDS care and treatment for Key population.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English.
- Ability to manage a large workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a tight deadline.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV before 2nd March 2020 to email@example.com quoting the current and expected salary with Site Coordinator – Mariakani on the email subject line .
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.