KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service and ethical practices.
KCA University seeks to recruit a candidate to fill the following position;
The job holder will be responsible for providing all general electrical and electronics installation, repair and maintenance works in the University.
- Review electrical plans and specifications in building in order to understand the construction layout and related materials for electrical and electronics works in the University.
- Implement all electrical and electric systems and equipment installation, modification, repair and maintenance.
- Ensure all electrical installation, repairs and maintenance meet the requirements of the appropriate codes and environmental safety and protection requirement.
- Change, repair and modify building electrical systems, wiring, fittings and appliances to suit end user interests.
- Identify and requisition the required tools, equipment and materials needed for use in electrical and electronics work.
- Perform scheduled general maintenance service on electrical wiring, systems , equipment and appliances in the University.
- Implement all electrical and electronics installation, maintenance and user requirements as specified by the manufacturer of systems and fixture.
- Undertake repairs, performance verification testing, acceptance testing, planned preventative maintenance and electrical safety testing on electrical equipment.
- Train other staff in use of electric equipment and devices, keeping training records for safety and maintenance in the University.
- Report faulty electronics and electrical appliances for their requisition and replacement.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Electrical/ Electronics and or its equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant working experience
- Professional Membership with KETRB, IET etc.
- Experience of working within an educational environment or hospitality will be an added advantage
Other Skills and Competencies
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards.
- Understand the Regulations that apply to installations, repairs and maintenance of electricity systems and appliances in Kenya.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 21st February 2020.
KCAU staff are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,