KCA University is a dynamic private business university committed to quality service and ethical practices. KCA University seeks to recruit a candidate to fill the following position;
The job holder will be responsible for maintenance of the University’s properties including upkeep, care, security, health and safety and facilities management in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Introduce environmentally friendly operational systems that support the “green vision” for the University
- Manage suitable outsourced Facilities Management and Maintenance contracts.
- Establish and maintain a central workshop and stores, together with stock control and management system to ensure adequate spare parts are available at optimal cost.
- Coordinate and interface with the Faculty operations and determine maintenance schedules which suit University educational operations.
- Monitor Yearly, Monthly & Weekly preventive maintenance plan responsibilities include those mandated by government regulation, local and professional codes and insurance requirements.
- Maintain proper records to track maintenance and repairs.
- Champion QHSE KPIs and audits as cascaded down from the line manager in adherence to OSHA act.
- Serve as an emergency response coordinator by testing building security systems and preparing for emergency situations by creating an action plan for fire evacuations and disaster response.
- Assist the Planning Manager to plan for the future building space needs to ensure adequate supply levels.
- Conduct an overview of the specific needs of the space, furniture, office renovations and office supplies and plan out necessary changes that need to be done.
- Ensure Health and Safety by managing hazardous waste disposal, recycling programs and coordinating environmental health and safety programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Professional Membership with EBK, IET etc.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience
- Experience of working within an educational environment or hospitality will be an added advantage
Other Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable experience in managing buildings with varied mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, generators and low voltage systems.
- An understanding of how to maintain transport, other fixed and mobile equipment
- Ability to proactively solve problems in order to avoid crises
- Previous experience in establishing maintenance regimes on complex systems
- Highly developed relationship management, presentation and communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner to employees at all levels.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st February 2020.
KCAU staff are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Director, Human Resources,
P.0. Box 56808-00200,