KCB Group Limited
Business Development Manager, Trade Finance
The Position: Reporting to the Head, Trade Finance, the position will be responsible for the implementation of the Trade Finance strategy and for growing the assigned Trade Finance client portfolio, and maximizing business volumes and revenues while ensuring compliance with all internal procedures and operational controls as well maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
- Grow Trade Finance business volumes and revenues, manage assigned client portfolio from deal origination; structuring and credit approval through to contracting and placement while ensuring that the process is efficient.
- Provide advisory services, as a Product specialist, on Trade Finance solutions, transactions and services to clients, internal business units and all other relevant stakeholders.
- Prospect for ‘new to bank’ clients in conjunction with Business Units of the Bank to offer innovative and customised solutions.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Participate in the preparation of account plans covering all aspects of local and international Trade Finance in liaison with relevant Business Units of the Bank.
- Enhance the uptake of KCB’s Trade Finance products and services by existing and new clients through providing technical product expertise and conducting joint calls in partnership with relevant Business Units in the bank.
- Engage Relationship Managers and provide all product support needed for timely submission of quality credit proposals involving Trade Finance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a range of innovative Trade Finance products and solutions and manage the same so as to meet customer requirements and achieve business objectives.
- Provide and sustain assurance that the risks associated with Structured Trade Finance transactions in the assigned portfolio remain within approved appetite and are accurately captured in client term sheets.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in a Business related field from an institution recognized by CUE is required.
- Master’s degree or Professional qualifications in a relevant field preferably CPA/ ACCA / AKIB or Trade Finance certification will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 5 years’ management experience in Trade Finance with below responsibilities covering:
- Structured Trade Finance
- Sales, deal origination and execution.
- Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
- Trade Finance Operations
- Credit Management
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Banking & Trade Finance Products & Services with extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Trade Finance Instruments
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday, 27th February 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable