The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops
Introduction The KCCB- Catholic Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
It is seeking two outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individuals to fill the intern positions in its Commission for Social Communications Office.
Position Title: Communications Intern
Supervised by: National Executive Secretary
1. To assist in enhancing social media presence of the Bishops Anti-Corruption Campaign.
2. Assist in sharing Anti-Corruption Campaign Messages through audio and visual formats in various languages, photos and written messages through online platforms.
3. Assist in creating social media vibrancy with expectations of reaching a large online audience with a minimum threshold of 100,000 users with a set timeline.
4. Assist in creating anti- corruption social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp) accounts.
5. Give weekly reports and provide feedback from the Social Media platforms for overall reception and effects of the anti-corruption campaign
6. Assist staff with tracking, formatting and reviewing other media.
7. Assist in maintaining and regularly updating Anti-Corruption Campaign messages on social media platforms.
Qualifications and skills
1. Degree or Diploma in mass communication.
2. Good command of English and Swahili languages. Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage.
3. Ideal candidate should be energetic, inventive, hardworking, social media and web-savvy, brimming with ideas about creative ways to engage more than 100,000 online audiences through Social Media Tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WhatsApp etc.)
Applications should be addressed to: –
The General Secretary
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800 Nairobi.
Applications must reach us on or before March 14th 2020