The Kisumu National Polytechnic invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the following vacant position:
JOB GROUP ‘N’ / (CSG 8)
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
1. Accounting, financial systems and financial control
2. Cash and Risk Management
3. Management Reporting
4. Budgeting and Financial Control
5. Leadership of Financial Team
6. Ensure proper interpretation and implementation of financial regulation and procedures, government circulars, letters instructions to comply with statutory requirements.
7. Advice the management on all financial matters.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
1 Must possess Master’s Degree (Accounting/ Finance) plus CPA (K) OR equivalent.
2. Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting/ Finance option or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
3 Must have at least Three (3) years’ experience as Finance Officer at JOB GROUP M OR comparable and relevant position in the Public Service.
4. Possession of excellent computer skills including detailed understanding of MS office and accounting software.
5. Must be affiliated to a relevant professional body.
6. Attended and successfully completed a Senior Management course lasting not less four 4 weeks.
7 . Compliance with chapter 6 of the constitution.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following qualities:
- Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce
- Good knowledge in the professional field of specialization
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take instructions
- Good organizational and supervisory skills
- Team playing skills
- Care for resources
- Execution of instructions
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Records Management skills
HOW TO APPLY
1. Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Applicants should submit five (5) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked “Application for the position.
3. Applications must be submitted on or before FRIDAY, 21ST FEBRUARY, 2020.
4. Applications should be addressed to the
THE KISUMU NATIONAL POLYTECHNIC,
Email: info@ kisumupoly.ac.ke. .
NOTE: The INSITUTION is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.kisumupoly.ac.ke