The Kisumu National Polytechnic invites applications from qualified Kenyans for the following vacant positions.
JOB GROUP ‘N’ / (CSG 8)
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish and operate an efficient Internal Audit Department.
2. Ensure that the internal audit systems, procedures and guidelines are prepared.
3. Prepare work programme for the Department to ensure that audits are planned, managed and the quality of audit work maintained
4. Ensure that the internal controls are reviewed and documented for their effectiveness and adequacy and that recommendation are made for improvements
5. Analyze the institution financial documentation and reports.
6. Assess and research the institution risk management process
5. Ensure that the accounting, administration and other operations comply with KRA and other statutory requirements
6. Prepare and submit audit reports to the Principal and to the Management.
7. Performed any other duty as may be assigned by the management.
(b) Requirements for Appointment
1. Must possess Master’s Degree (Accounting/ Finance) plus CPA (K) OR equivalent.
2. Must have at least Three (3) years’ experience as Finance Officer at JOB GROUP M OR comparable and relevant position in the Public Service.
3. Possession of Computerized Information Systems Audit (CISA) certification will be an added advantage
4. Must be affiliated to a relevant professional body.
5. Proficiency in accounting and audit software
6. Attended and successfully completed a Senior Management course lasting not less four 4 weeks.
7. Compliance with chapter 6 of the constitution.
In addition to the above requirements, an officer must have the following qualities:
- Ability to get on well with the diverse workforce
- Good knowledge in the professional field of specialization
- Good communication skills
- Ability to take instructions
- Good organizational and supervisory skills
- Team playing skills
- Care for resources
- Execution of instructions
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Records Management skills
HOW TO APPLY
1. Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Applicants should submit five (5) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked “Application for the position.
3. Applications must be submitted on or before FRIDAY, 21ST FEBRUARY, 2020.
4. Applications should be addressed to the
THE KISUMU NATIONAL POLYTECHNIC,
Email: info@ kisumupoly.ac.ke. .
NOTE: The INSITUTION is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.kisumupoly.ac.ke