Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd
Vacant Position: Finance Manager
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Ltd (KSLH) was incorporated in 1966 under the Companies Act, Cap 486 Laws of Kenya. KSLH owns and operates three properties, namely Mombasa Beach Hotel, Mombasa, Voi Safari Lodge, Tsavo East and Ngulia Safari Lodge, Tsavo West. Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the majority shareholder in this Company.
The Board of Directors seeks to recruit qualified, experienced and highly talented professional to fill the position of Finance Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Finance manager will be responsible for the Finance function of KSLH.
He/She will be in charge of overall Accounting and financial management functions of the company.
- Plans develops and implements a cost-effective financial management and accounting systems in liaison with the Internal Audit Department.
- Formulates and implements best accounting and financial management systems, strategies, policies and processes
- Designs, develops and implements systems and controls for monitoring financial processes and procedures
- Directs, oversees and coordinates the work of Unit Accountants to ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Develops and implements cost rationalization strategies to ensure reduction of overall operating costs
- Provides guidance and expertise in the formulation of budgets and cash flow projects for the units and group.
- Participates in the development of long-term corporate, business and strategic plans
- Ensures that the accounting personnel and the financial establishment of the Company is adequately trained and equipped to match all KSLH requirements in order to facilitate and enhance financial integrity and safeguard of all company assets.
- Reviews and interprets the Units’ and the Group’s trading reports and financial statements; and advise senior management and the Board on all financial matters including capital commitments and investment plans of the company.
- Participates in company contract negotiations and monitoring and evaluation
- Bachelor of Commerce (accounting/Finance option) or business related degree from a recognized university.
- Post graduate qualification, especially MBA will be an added advantage
- Professional accounting qualifications (CPA/ACCA) Finalist
- A member in good standing of a recognized professional body.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office), MICROS POS MICROS materials control, FIDELIO FO, Finance SAP and SUN Accounting systems or similar ERP applications.
- Minimum seven (7) years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience in hotel/tourism industry will be helpful
- Proven excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision making skills with good communication, negotiation and problem solving skills. Self-driven with high level of integrity.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of public sector financial management systems, regulations and practices
The successful candidate will be appointed on a 3-year contract renewable subject to performance.
This is an executive position with a competitive pay and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Shortlisted candidate will be required to submit the following clearance certificates during the interview process:
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
If you believe that you clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application along with a detailed CV, attaching copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, stating current position, experience, names of at least 3 professional referees, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the reference to the following address:
The Board Chairman- (KSLH)
Kenya Safari Lodges & Hotels Limited
P.O. Box 90414 – 80100
So as to reach us by close of business on Tuesday March 12, 2020.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
KSLH is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.