Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH)
Chief Information Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a new State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 of 25th January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services in Accident & Emergency, Oncology, Renal, Trauma & Orthopaedics.
The Hospital is seeking to recruit highly transformative and dynamic self-driven individual with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capabilities to fill the above position within its staff establishment: –
Position Description: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Information Officer (CIO) job exists to oversee and coordinate the ICT function and advise the Hospital Management on the same at KUTRRH.
Direct Reports: ICT Officers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the ICT function of the hospital by ensuring that all its services are well planned for in order to support timely and quality service delivery in the hospital.
- Participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning process for the hospital.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to ICT division in order to support timely and quality clinical services, research and training services delivery in the hospital.
- Provide supportive supervision of ICT division facilities and services in its sections and units in the hospital.
- Ensure that he ICT division supports generation of the target revenue required to facilitate the delivery of its services and other financial obligations of the hospital.
- Ensure proper coordination of the implementation of the hospital strategic plan in the ICT division within its vision, mission and culture and other national and international frameworks.
- Ensure that the ICT division has all human and non-human resources required to offer ICT services in order to support clinical referral, research and training services in the hospital.
- Oversee and ensure the recruitment, maintenance and disciplinary action and processes of the ICT division staff in the hospital.
- Oversee and coordinate the provision of timely quality and sufficient ICT services in the hospital within the established policy and professional frameworks in the hospital.
- Ensure continuous training and development of ICT division staff for their effectiveness and efficiency and thus performance and productivity in the hospital.
- Ensure continuous advisory services concerning ICT services and service delivery to the hospital executive and other stakeholders through the appropriate media.
- Work in collaboration with other divisions, sections and units in dealing with thematic ICT issues for timely quality clinical referral, research and training services in the hospital.
- Ensure and oversee monitoring and evaluation of the ICT division in order to establish its
progress and achievement, and thus prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Anticipate business needs and identify and propose ICT products and services to fulfil those needs.
- Manage overall systems control by safeguarding the systems against deliberate efforts to fraudulently abusing it through physical and logical systems security and establishment of security features within the system for control purpose, though network monitoring and management
- Coordinate and provide ICT systems support services and service delivery in the hospital
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
a) Bachelors’ Degree in IT, Computer Science/ Engineering/or related Degree from a recognized institution
b) Masters’ Degree in IT or Computer Sciences/ Engineering/or related field from a recognized institution
c) Professional certification such as Certified Computer Network Professional (CCNP), CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD, Oracle Certified Database administrator OCDBA, Microsoft Certified databases Administrator MCDBA or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
d) Member of an ICT professional body
e) Knowledge of relevant legislations
f) Knowledge of professional standards
g) Human resource management skills
h) Soft Skills: Communication skills, Organizational Skills, Leadership Skills, Team building skills, Analytical Skills, Ability to work under pressure
Relevant Work Experience
- At least ten (10) years working experience as a Chief Information Officer, ICT Manager or Project Manager in an ICT environment, in a similar position.
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal
or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form (CLICK HERE to download) addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: –
JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 25th February 2020.
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER