Our client is looking for an experienced Operations Manager in the logistics industry, to lead their team.
He/she will be responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of courier work and identifying areas of potential operational improvements.
The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience as an operations manager and proven experience of managing a warehousing and logistics operation.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 5 years as an Operations Manager in the logistics industry
- Proven experience of managing a warehousing and logistics operation within a busy environment
- Relevant Health and Safety knowledge
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to deliver first-class business solutions
- Able to motivate, organize and encourage individual and team performance to ensure targets are met
- Leads by example and efficiently deals with all people management issues
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, strong attention to detail
- Numerate, analytical and IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can professionally respond to and deal with customer communication, by email and telephone
- Honest, reliable and personable team player willing to ‘pitch in’ as required
- Confident and highly competent in liaising with customers, suppliers and couriers
- Optimize all processes with a focus on continuous improvement
- Manage individual and team performance, identifying and addressing staff development needs
- Ensure appropriate manning levels and core competencies are in line with business needs
- Plan the production and despatch of goods in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Effectively plan to warehouse to optimize space availability, ensuring safe storage
- Follow relevant KPI’s and implement a process of measurement, review, and reporting
- Drive efficiencies and cost-down initiatives with key suppliers
- Negotiate and maintain relationships with couriers and freight forwarders
- Manage and maintain legal requirements regarding health and safety at all time
- Key performance indicators, Operative management, Courier service (postal), Logistics planning and management, Logistics information systems, Warehouse management
- Bachelor’s degree
How to Apply
If you qualify,Kindly send your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th Feb 2020 indicating ‘Logistics & Operations Manager’ on the subject line.