Kipepeo Industries Ltd
We are a fast growing manufacturing company based in Nairobi looking to fill in the following position;
Position: Logistics Officer
Department: Finance & Administration
Reporting To: Group Finance & Administration Manager
Supervises: Stores Assistant
Job Objective / Summary: Responsible for Planning, directing and coordinating the activities for all stores and dispatch operations
Description of Duties
- Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods
- Monitor implementation of policies and procedures for logistics activities.
- Coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated information systems
- Vehicle maintenance and Management of the fleet & fuel log system
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management and accounting.
- Loading and plan deliveries
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products.
- Ensure accurate records of all logistics activities are maintained
- Monitor delivery schedules to ensure timely dispatch and delivery
- Monitor cleanliness of drivers and vehicles
- Ensuring adherence to contract terms for all transporters
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs
- Implementing health and safety procedures
- Ensure effective loading procedure to enable timely delivery of goods and services
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management / Purchasing and supply chain
- Working knowledge of MS Office and previous working experience with an ERP
- 2 Years relevant experience in an FMCG set up
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd February 2019.