Vacancy: General Manager
Location: Industrial Area Nairobi
Start date: Immediately
Who are we?
We are a fast-growing manufacturing company dealing with packaging material seeking to hire a competent General Manager in charge ensuring that operations in all departments are seamless and that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently to achieve cost effective and optimum production and compliance.
The successful candidate will be tasked with: –
- Oversee the production plan workflow and schedules and timelines according to production specifications to ensure goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that daily production targets are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible
- Monitor operation expenses and deploy ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- In collaboration with the Quality Control Officer, confirm that all the finished products and raw materials conforms to the set quality standards.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity
- Ensure that the finished products are being checked for any issues, throughout the day and take corrective action in case of discrepancies on the finished product,
- Monitor production status and ensure timely delivery while actively identifying delays and accordingly adjust schedules to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with quality control officer to review product quality consistency while monitoring yield rates and wastage to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Develop regular reports which are professional, concise and clear, to be reviewed by the CEO on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement Operational Standard Operating Procedures and Policies that are aligned to the business strategy and that ensure efficiency and excellent service delivery and follow through by overseeing training of personnel
- Ensure machine issues are identified and rectified immediately by the maintenance team and emphasize on preventive maintenance plans for all machines
- Investigate customer complaints or product non-conformities in close conjunction with the Sales Accounts Managers
- Resolve production issues in a timely manner without jeopardizing the production process
- Ensure that the correct procedures are adhered to in reference to receiving of raw materials and dispatch of finished goods
- Actively seeking out continuous improvement opportunities and implementation, while working proactively to seek out cost reductions.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Collaborate with the other HoDs to draft policies in their areas of operations and drive enforcement
- Continuous focus on 6S and Gemba in the warehouse
- In close conjunction with the HR department, ensure that staffing and competence levels are always exceeded in all aspects of the manufacturing processes
- In liaison with the HR department, assist in employee hiring, training, performance evaluation, and retention and termination activities.
- Ensure swift coordination of all departments towards the attainment of the business strategic goal
- Ensure that safety equipment is always worn and that all Company Safety Policies are adhered to.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
Who Are You?
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, production management, project management , operations or any related course
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing setting preferably in the corrugated packaging industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes with key attention to detail
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices and lean manufacturing policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively across team members and manage the various functional roles within the organization to ensure all team members are meeting their targets.
- Knowledge in ISO / Kaizen / 6S methodology
How To Apply
Qualified candidates are required to submit their CV and Cover letter to email@example.com stating your name and current and expected salary in the subject line of the email (e.g. John Doe _60,000_ 70,000) on or before 1st March 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted