We are Hiring!
Our client, a renowned in the Manufacturing Sector based in Mombasa, have an immediate requirement for the positions of Chief Accountant to be based in Mombasa
Job Purpose: The Chief Accountant will be in-charge of all accounting activities of both financial and management accounting.
He/she will be responsible for preparing financial and performance reports, assisting departments with annual budgets and reviews, internal controls and tax studies.
The role will also oversee the accounting function, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cost Accounting.
Ensuring the company interests are protected at all times and stringent financial reporting is managed.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Independently overseeing the accounts department within the organization.
- Creating and implementing internal accounting and finance policies and procedures in line with international standards.
- Managing all activities in relation to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Cost Accounting.
- Overseeing General Ledger and all financial records.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of ERP systems.
- Ensuring the company is adequately protected from a financial perspective.
- Instrumental in facilitating the auditing process and liaising with external auditors.
- Providing timely and streamlined reporting to Senior Management.
- Representing the company in Executive Meetings pertaining to financial planning and analysis.
- Monitoring the financial position, financial performance and cash flows of the company
- Revising any discrepancies of reports
- Checking the company’s assets and liabilities that could affect its equity in the future.
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- Have 10 years’ relevant work experience five (5) of which in a similar position preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands on experience on SAP.
- Ability to lead a team
Technical Competencies: –
- Must be able to meet the demands of an ever-changing business environment
- Critical mind in identifying and defining clearly the problem, evaluating different ideas or ways of solving the problem from the data gathered.
- Extensive knowledge in fast-paced technologies and accounting programs
- Excellent mathematical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as leadership and administrative skills.
How to Apply
If you fit the description, please send your CV to the following email address: email@example.com.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.