The Catholic Diocese of Nakuru (CDN) Mercy Mission Hospital – Eldama Ravine, wishes to recruit a highly motivated, competent, honest and remarkably talented Human Resources and Administrative Officer.
Job Ref: CDN/HR/018/108/2020
Job Description: Reporting to the Hospital Administrator, the HR and Administrative Officer shall be responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counseling.
- Spearheading the review and formulation of new and old policies in liaison with the Diocesan HR.
- Spearheading recruitment and selection of employees.
- Playing an advisory role to the Board of Management in matters relating HR.
- Carrying out training needs for staff at Mercy Mission Hospital.
- Managing performance management at the Hospital.
- Handling employee’s grievances.
- Ensuring that the Diocese and other institutions are registered in time and compliance of the same with the relevant bodies
- Maintaining and updating Human Resource records and ensuring utmost confidentiality of the same
Requirements / Skills:
- Should possess at least a University degree preferably either in Human Resource or any other Social Science.
- Higher Diploma in HR from a recognized institution.
- Strong administration and organizational skills.
- 5 years working experience of which 2 (two) should be in a hospital set up and in a similar role
- Should be well versed and conversant with the new labour laws.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong intellectual, analytical and decision making abilities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a current and detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to:
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru
P.O. Box 938 – 20100
OR e-mail us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
quoting the vacant position (HR and Admin Officer) on the subject line so as to be received by 26th February 2020.
Applicants MUST INDICATE CURRENT & EXPECTED CONSOLIDATED SALARY in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.