We are Hiring!
Our client in the Banking (Microfinance) industry is looking to fill the position of a Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Role Brief: The bank seeks to help its clients understand what it stands for. The bank further seeks to ensure all its employees live by the bank’s core values – CUSTOMER FOCUS, INNOVATION, EFFICIENCY AND INTEGRITY.
As one of the bank’s employees, the job holder is expected to uphold these bank’s values at all times. In particular, and related to this role, the job holder, in liaison with her/his line manager and bank’s senior management, is expected to be instrumental in championing the embedment of a customer-centric culture across the entire bank and all customer touchpoints and also promote the bank’s brand.
The bank’s customers are central to its business and require a customer success superstar who can own the entire post-sales and post-onboarding relationship, including onboarding, ongoing retention and upselling.
Job Purpose: Working closely with the line manager, other bank staff and direct reports, the job holder will be responsible for developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty. This role also works closely with customers to ensure they are satisfied with the services they receive from the bank and to improve upon areas of dissatisfaction.
Main Responsibilities of Job
- Strengthen customer relationships: Build relationships with the bank’s customers, help them with issues, and continually delight them with a positive, customer-centric attitude.
- Advocacy for the customer: Take responsibility for advocating the needs of customers while capturing customer feedback and reporting requests to the relevant product administration and development departments/teams to ensure the bank’s decisions always consider the voice of the customer
- Advocacy for the bank: Act as a personal cheerleader for the bank’s business explaining to customers why you can meet their specific needs.
- Onboard new customers: Become an expert in and educate customers on the use and benefits of the bank’s products and services and by focusing on product features the customers need to learn.
- Time management: Efficiently manage time to focus on essential activities to ensure customer satisfaction, account renewal, and account growth
- Development and sharing of best customer success practices: Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the bank’s processes
- Revenue growth: Grow the bank’s revenue base by effectively managing customer retention
- Encourage upsells and cross-sells: Work with customers to ensure they are leveraging effectively and finding value in the bank’s products and services, identify market growth / cross-sell opportunities to increase product holdings and improved revenues.
- Brand promotion: Grow and foster the growth of the bank’s brand. Ensure brand compliance for all above-the-line and below-the-line communication according to bank standards.
- People Management: Participate in the recruitment, promotion and development of team members as and when it becomes necessary
- Retention of staff: Manage attrition and exits as per agreed parameters; steer any issues on disciplinary, complaints and grievance in liaison with the line manager; motivation of staff through agreed programs; mentorship and personal goals identification and ensuring business targets align to personal targets; coaching of staff to achieve business goals; provide general support to the team under his/her purview as and when required
- Market Intelligence: Keep abreast of market competition, industry practices and best practices to constantly improve on overall business performance.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with the Bank and its subsidiaries’ values, policy manuals, procedures and standards, achieve satisfactory audit rating, responsible for compliance with business procedure manuals and compiling reports for any necessary regulatory reporting (where applicable).
- University degree from an institution recognized by the Commission for Higher Education. Possession of Communications or Marketing Degree an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be social; possess impressive executive presence and communication abilities i.e. possess exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive customer relationships
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer service or client-facing position strongly preferred; Knowledge of customer success processes.
- Experience working with brand image and promoting value through customer experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. business development, Product, Marketing, Support, etc.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Self-driven and proactive nature;
- Demonstrate strong leadership and presentation qualities
How to Apply
If you fit the description, please send your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.