We are Hiring!
Our client in the Banking (Microfinance) industry is looking to fill the position of a Senior Officer – Credit Administration.
Job Purpose: The Position holder will be responsible for preparing and analyzing various reports required by the bank and other stakeholders. Carry out credit administration tasks in all aspects as assigned to him/her, which include review of credit files, preparation of offer letters, maintenance of Loan facilities in the core Banking System, marking of overdraft limits, collation of all loan documentation, holding deposits in lien, Lodging and release of security documents, etc.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The job holder will be responsible for:
- Preparing offer letters for review by the Head of Credit and Operations and other relevant signatories
- Maintenance of loans, limits, letters of guarantees and data entry in the core banking system
- Perfection of the proposed securities as per the approved sanction Sheet and actively follow-up of pending matters on credit files
- Issuing instructions to service providers for land valuations, Legal charge and car track device installations
- Monitoring compliance by the business development team on credit approval conditions e.g. Securities, insurance, Valuation, Car track, Legal Charge, covenants, financial information, etc.
- Generating daily disbursement report and batch proofing disbursed facilities to ensure they have been booked as per the approved terms, i.e. Amounts, Interest rates, Repayment period, Installment, payoffs and Buyoffs, etc. and initiating corrective action where required
- Ensuring the Keyman and Loan protection insurance premiums are collected and forwarding instructions to the relevant department for placement of covers over the loan facilities
- Generate and distribute Regulator, Strategic Partners and Management reports in accurate and timely manner
- Perform data analysis for generating reports on periodic basis
- Develop MIS system for customer management and internal communication
- Provide strong reporting and analytical information support to management team
- Generate both periodic and ad hoc reports as needed
- Analyze business information to identify process improvements for increasing business efficiency and effectiveness
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to resolve recurring customer issues
- Provide customer support and assistance in issue troubleshooting and resolution
- University degree preferably in computer science, Commerce, economics, statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Business administration.
- Have 2 years’ relevant work experience 1 of which in a similar position preferably in a financial environment
- Hands on experience with BR.NET emerge is an added advantage
Technical Competencies: –
- Good Leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent analytical, Problem identification and solving skills
- Extensive Knowledge and experience in credit documentation in a credit department of a bank
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer literate and possessing excellent presentation skills
How to Apply
If you fit the description, please send your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.