Job Vacancy: Clinician
Nyanza Reproductive Health Society (NRHS) is a non-profit organization with its headquarters in Kisumu dedicated to improving reproductive health of men and women.
NRHS has several research projects related to HIV prevention and reproductive health.
Among other research and prevention projects, NRHS runs support groups and does research pertaining to PLWHA and Key Populations.
NRHS wishes to recruit a clinician with research experience to provide clinical services in research and program activities with major focus on Key Populations.
Job Title: Clinician
Location: Kisumu County
Reporting To: Project Manager
Purpose: Responsible for provision of clinical services and follow up for key population participants enrolled in research studies and non-research clients within the Anza Mapema clinic in Kisumu.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Screening patients for research eligibility, explaining research protocols and administering consent to eligible clients.
- Screening and treatment of STIs, HIV and offering other reproductive health services as necessary
- Conducting interviews on sociodemographic, behavioural and health information
- Collecting biological specimen, including but not limited to blood, urine, swabs and saliva
- Ensuring proper maintenance of participants’ records and accurate entry of data.
- Conducting medical examinations, providing treatment and referring clients to appropriate providers for specialised management as appropriate
- Dispensing medication as needed; regularly update inventory, ensure patient safety; prevent and treat any medical emergency
- Coordinating with the laboratory, data and other staff to ensure smooth flow of clinical activities
- Provision of QA/QC services as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Diploma in clinical medicine and surgery or diploma in nursing
- Registered as clinical officer or nurse and licenced to practice in Kenya
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a busy research setup
- Experience in working with Key Populations
- Experience and certification with VMMC and EIMC is a plus
- Prior GCP and Human subjects training is desirable
- Prior QA/QC experience desirable
How to Apply
Apply via email to email@example.com with the job title on the subject line.
Send CV & cover letter only as one document.
Applications should be received by the Human Resources Manager on or before 6th March 2020