One Acre Fund
Global Recruitment Candidate Coordinator
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Description: One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts in order to provide an unbiased, effective and respectful process that attracts the best and brightest talent to end hunger in our lifetime. Every year we receive tens of thousands of applications, and we are seeking a customer service or administrative professional with excellent organizational and people skills to help join our Recruitment Operations Team.
The goal of this position is to ensure an exceptional experience for our candidates who attend an in person interview. The in person interview at One Acre Fund is typically 2-3 days and includes a visit to our field headquarters. The Global Recruitment Candidate Coordinator would coordinate across several teams in each of our countries of operation to ensure a seamless and delightful experience for our visiting candidates.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service to our in person interview candidates:
- Be the go-to for all questions, solve problems as they arise, and ensure a positive candidate experience by engaging stakeholders and keeping them accountable.
- Complete coordination tasks associated with the in person interview:
- Collate all pre-arrival logistics and ensure alignment across involved parties and communicate details to the candidate and hiring team.
- Liaise with other departments, internal leaders, and external stakeholders:
- With manager support, coordinate across stakeholders to identify process improvements.
- Coordinate the collection of feedback from candidates and hiring teams.
- Edit and ensure consistency across candidate guides and other communication pieces
- Other tasks as assigned to support the Recruitment Team.
Career Growth and Development: We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional(s) with 1-3 year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Experience in a customer service or detail-oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Flexibility to work nights or weekends as required.
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Forms) or a similar system is preferred.
- Typing speed of 40wpm or more.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Language: English required in all locations. Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, or French are a plus.
Location: Rubengera, Rwanda or Kakamega, Kenya for the first year; negotiable there after.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off.
Sponsor International Candidates: No; must have existing rights to work in Kenya or Rwanda. Kenyan and Rwandan country nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application link: https://grnh.se/1fae644d1
Closing date: March 13th, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address.
Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.