Operations Manager (Must have 3PL experience)
Our client, a start-up Logistics Company in Kenya, is looking for an Operations Manager to be responsible for overseeing daily operations, managing the rider fleet, making sure riders are compliant and ensuring customer satisfaction levels exceed expectations.
- Manage the various inbound/outbound and warehouse operations and ensure compliance to service expectations and quality standards.
- Manage the proper use of Godel technology and systems.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the service and commit to pass the various quality audits as set by senior management.
- Manage all sales projects according to clients’ requirements and contracts.
- Manage the customer service function within the operational teams and handle complaints to ensure professional and on time resolution.
- Oversee the improvement projects to increase operational efficiency and improve performance.
- Work closely with the senior management on setting the yearly objectives and expansion/development plans.
- Measure, control and evaluate the express team leaders/supervisors performance.
- Responsible for ensuring illegal and hazardous shipments do not get through the operations
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and compliance with the related local authorities to facilitate business growth and development.
- Manage the total operations expenses according to the set budget.
- Work closely with the ground operations team to ensure the full utilization of existing computer handhelds by the ground couriers.
- Work with the ground operations team to monitor and work towards proper utilization of the ground couriers.
- Maintain and improve the ground operations performance in terms of delivery, pick up, and all related aspects to comply with the company quality of service standards
- Measure, control and evaluate the ground operations team leaders/supervisors performance.
- Works in liaison with the fleet supervisor to ensure the operations fleets are up and operative in good conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics or Business/Management
- 5 or more years of experience in warehousing or Third-Party Logistics (3PL), and or 2 or more years of managerial/supervisory experience
- An understanding of last mile delivery operations and supply chain management
- Proficiency with Google Docs and/or Excel and standardized billing software
- Experience with basic administrative work
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, with possible overtime when needed
- Training experience
- Have good communication skills with different levels
- Be hands-on in problem solving
- Deliver growth and be highly executional
- Work independently
If you meet this qualifications, send your Cover letter, Updated CV and any other Relevant papers to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title REF OPS MNGR 2020 on the email subject.