The Kenya Mortgage Refinance Company (KMRC) was established as a key institution to support the Affordable Housing Pillar of the Government’s Big 4 Agenda.
In establishing KMRC, the Government adopted a public private partnership (PPP) arrangement with majority private sector ownership.
KMRC is a newly established non-deposit taking mortgage liquidity company under the supervision of the Central Bank of Kenya with the core mandate of mobilizing and providing long-term funds to primary mortgage lenders (Banks, Microfinance Banks and Saccos) in order to increase the availability and affordability of mortgage loans to Kenyans.
In order to drive our strategy, we seek to recruit suitable candidates in various positions who will support KMRC in attaining its commitment to affordable housing for Kenyans.
We require a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Procurement & Logistics Manager
Job Ref: HR 7/1/2020
Purpose of the Job: The position is mandated to carry out effective procurement of goods and services
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
I. Managerial Roles and Responsibilities:
a) Prepare quotations, tenders and proposals in accordance with KMRC procurement policies;
b) Develop and maintain an up to date suppliers’ database;
c) Maintain and monitor contracts by ensuring that all documents are kept current and complete and that vendor performance is in line with agreed requirements;
d) Prepare strategic procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, as well as expected outcomes;
e) Develop and implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management system for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining up-to-date inventory of goods and services;
f) Provide oversight to sourcing in support of Company’s activities and conduct training on procurement, sourcing, contracting responsibilities, ethics and general guidelines;
g) Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance. Perform risk analysis regarding supply contracts and agreements;
h) Ensure user departments adhere to procurement plans in line with budgets;
i) Use the market surveys report, monitor and evaluate performance of the supply chain function; Ensuring sound partnerships with suppliers, clients and relevant government agencies; and
j) Oversee the maintenance and safeguarding of procurement records and documents.
II. Operational Roles and Responsibilities:
a) Notify user departments of re-order levels for items purchased in bulk;
b) Establish in liaison with the relevant departments and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services;
c) Prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with Company’s policies and procedures;
d) Provide technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high quality, materials, goods and services;
e) Review the supply chain to ensure it is efficient and effective;
f) Manage an annual supplier pre-qualification exercise;
g) Manage the disposal of obsolete and disposable items;
h) Maintain a comprehensive record–keeping and monitoring system for all procurement transactions and liaise with relevant user departments on disposal of obsolete and scrap materials;
i) Prepare monthly, quarterly/annual procurement plans/reports; and
j) Maintain business relationships with vendors and suppliers.
III. Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned.
Key Result Areas:
The jobholder’s accountability areas are as follows;
- Delivery of quality administrative services for the assigned department
- Effective communication and maintenance of relationships through courteous and prompt response to all enquiries
- Efficient coordination of meetings as may be assigned
- Efficient management of filing and document retrieval system
- Efficient liaison with external contacts
Department: Human Resource and Administration Department
Position Reports to: Head of Human Resource and Administration
*Required Master: N/A
*Required Degree: Business Administration/Finance/Commerce/Accounting/Strategic Planning/Other
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following; Procurement, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Procurement and Supplies Management, Marketing from a recognized university
- Must have at least five (8) years proven work experience
- Must have a Certificate in Professional certification in Supply Chain Management
- Professional membership with KISM/CIPS/CSPS
- Must be computer literate
- Must be knowledgeable of budgeting processes
- Must be fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- Must have public financial competencies and professional standards
- Must have a working knowledge of Integrated Financial Management System (IFMIS)
- Must be conversant and knowledgeable of Public Procurement procedures and systems
- Must demonstrate experience in Public Policy and management
- Must have leadership and supervisory skills
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have knowledge in conflict management and problem solving skills
- Must have team building, negotiation, organizational and sound interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Applications should be received on or before close of business on 28th February, 2020.
KMRC is an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
KMRC Website: https://kmrc.co.ke/careers