Job Vacancy: Project Manager
Job Summary: The role holder will initiate, plan, supervise and deliver a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The Project Manager will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure that they are completed in a timely and efficient manager.
The Project Manager will ultimately be the accountable executive for the project, managing the progress reporting to the Project Board and mitigating risks and delays. We would expect the role holder to be well versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
- Accountability of delivery of the project against time, cost, quality and risk to the project Board
- Collaborate with all heads of departments and co-ordinate work packages
- Create project plans, milestone projections and a critical path
- Determine required resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Accountable for all project documentation
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies which could delay the delivery
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Evaluate progress, prepare contingency arrangements and fall back plans.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Create a strong management team with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Assess performance of management team and seek to consistently upgrade the skills through coaching, mentoring or additional training.
- Manage effective relationships with vendors, sub-contractors
Key Requirements and Qualifications
i. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management
ii. PMP or equivalent Project Management certification
iii. Minimum 7 years’ experience working as a project manager within the construction industry Proficient in Excel or alternate tool
iv. An in-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
v. Exceptionally well organized with an aptitude for data and interpretation
vi. Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
vii. Networking and interpersonal skills
viii. Able to generate budgets and reports
ix. Presentation skills, able to explain concepts concisely and accurately
x. Able to develop cooperative relationships with department heads
xi. Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
If you would like to apply for the above role, please send your updated CV to email@example.com