Job Title: Regional Agronomist
Location: Nairobi (with frequent travel through East Africa)
Salary: Competitive Based on Experience
Our client is a global producer and distributor of specialty chemicals.
They seek to hire a well-experienced Agronomist who will work with the business development team and distributors to improve customer satisfaction and increase revenues generated.
- Technical promotion of the company’s range of products which include basic soil conditioners, Calcium fertilizers, seed coatings and mineral additives.
- Initiate and monitor crop trials for predefined customers including farmers, cooperatives, government research institutes and NGOs
- Identify and propose customers for crop trials
- Stay up to date on the company’s agricultural product range
- Conduct regular customer visits to discuss technical performance and opportunities for further use of the company’s products
- Support distributors on technical matters and trials by conducting monthly review meetings with distributors on trials and product performance.
- Calculate technical and financial benefit of company products vs. traditional farming methods and competitors’ product
- Stay up to date on current and future agricultural trends in the agriculture business, including agricultural legislation that may impact the business
- Prepare and present monthly reports based on customer visits conducted, customer satisfaction and trial results to the Business Development team.
- Review and interpret trial results and report findings to the Market Development & Innovation team
- Create and maintain country market studies
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or related field of study. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in agriculture, preferably in animal nutrition
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Self-starter – able to work independently, as well as in team
- Problem solver with keen attention to detail
- Enthusiastic personality
- Culturally flexible
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; kindly send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Regional Agronomist) to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before Wednesday 4th March 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted