Job Title: Revenue Assurance Analyst
Job Grade: 5
Reports to: Head of Finance
Direct reports: None
Job Purpose: The revenue assurance Officer is expected to be a strategic thought partner, hands-on person responsible for the revenue assurance function of the company.
The Officer is responsible for establishing an effective control environment and risk framework with all revenue related risks and exposures timely addressed, the mitigation of all fraud losses by implementing key controls to identify the leakages at the organization.
The role holder is responsible for revenue optimization through ensuring revenue-based business rules are in place.
The position requires close working relationships with operations and technical departments and may have a support responsibility to other departments.
Key responsibilities of the role include and are not limited to:
- Compliance to Revenue Assurance, Fraud Control and Risk Framework
- Develop and ensure full compliance to Revenue Assurance, Fraud Management and Risk Framework
- Oversee the implementation of revenue assurance strategy, and conduct revenue assurance reviews across functions responsible for revenue mapping and creation of streams as per the agreed frequency
- Ensure a robust product assurance process is in place to ensure quality products including accurate billing, rating and accounting
- Where needed support in investigations of fraud incidents, defining reporting standards, providing analysis and insight into industry emerging risks, trends and common themes
- Monitor revenues, transactions and margins along the revenue life cycle to minimize any intentional or unintentional leakages in a proactive manner
- Support compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk-based challenges and offer appropriate solutions
- Strengthen the control environment to proactively identify revenue leakage and fraud exposure
- Support business on revenue maximization
- Facilitate closure/escalation of day to day critical Operational tasks defined.
Tools and Application
- Ensure effective and efficient Revenue Assurance & Fraud Management (RAFM) Tools and Applications implementation
- Automate maximum number of controls for effective closure of observations which are beyond RAFM tools
- Provide necessary and timely inputs for Tools and Applications up-gradation as per business needs/ changes
Audit & Closure of Issues
- Ensure all audit points are driven to closure in a timely manner with all observations impacting revenue acted on
- Cross-functional engagement to close open observations on periodic basis
- Management reporting of Key KPIs and reporting of all incidents in the Monthly Issue List on monthly basis or as per the agreed timelines
- Driving key Projects as part of revenue maximization initiatives.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes/Skills)
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Mathematics or Actuarial sciences.
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Fraud examiner, Certified information systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified internal auditor.
- Knowledge of SQL scripting, Databases, Microsoft Access, Advanced Excel.
- High level of integrity and excellent judgment concerning confidential/private matters.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Revenue assurance analyst with at least 2 years of senior management reporting. Industry experience in Telecoms, payment services, Fintech environment, e-commerce or Banking is preferred.
- Professional qualification in Finance or Accounting such as CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
Competencies and Attributes/Skills
- Self-motivated and self-driven person with a wide perspective on Assurance
- Capability to accumulate, summarize and interpret significant amounts of data and information from business units, support units and assurance units and distil it to the key points that help Senior Management analyse risk in each situation,
- Have strong business acumen and highly developed commercial experience with experience in strategic decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills aligned to strong team leadership competencies.
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conduct of business, corporate governance, legal and regulatory risk change management
- Proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency.
All Applications to : HR@mfs.co.ke