Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We are currently seeking a Marketing and Sales Coordinator who will support the sales team in the Eastern, Western and Rift Valley regions of Kenya to sell organic agri-input and insect-based animal protein to achieve required revenue and margins. Specifically, drive sales of Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and KuzaPro insect-based animal protein.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your key duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Develop the sales plan across all sub – territories in your region as assigned by the manager
- Work with the the the territory reps to ensure that the plan is executed on time.
- Participate in sessions to analyze sales activities to identify areas where we are falling short of targets.
- Develop and test out hypotheses to improve performance.
- Work as assigned to implement winning solutions.
- Participate in sessions to analyze sales activities to identify areas where we are falling short of targets. -Develop and test out hypothesis to improve performance. Work as assigned to implement winning solutions.
- Measure the performance of territory reps performance and your own criteria against the criteria provided by the manager.
- Participate in the analysis of sales activities to identify areas where we are falling short of targets.
- Participate in sessions to redesign sales and marketing activities across the team from the results of the analysis of sales and marketing data that gives rise to sub-territory specific targeted sales and marketing interventions.
- Suggest ideas to the manager to redesign and implement of sales activities in your region to ensure that
(a) the reps time issued optimally
(b) sales conversion rates are improved
- Collaborate with the production and distribution teams to ensure that product is delivered on time, in full, error-free.
- Own activities in the sales pipeline as assigned by the manager to grow the key accounts and Reseller sales for Evergrow, KuzaPro and any other end product in your region
- Develop the sales plan across sub- territories as assigned by your manager.
- Work with the territory reps to ensure that the plan is executed on time.
- Develop and execute corrective and preventive measures to ensure that the team remain on course.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and meetings to select and agree on sub territory-specific marketing initiatives
- Participate in root cause analysis sessions with the sales team to establish reasons for variances in planned performance and implement corrective and preventive measures.
- Own revenue targets for specific clients as assigned by the manager in your region.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or higher-level education in an Agricultural related course
- Previous experience in significantly scaling up Agri input sales (Mandatory)
- >2 years’ experience in consultative B2B selling
- Aptitude for numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of agricultural inputs market for small and medium-scale farmers preferred or ability to learn technical knowledge quickly
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Willingness to work outside of Nairobi and travel to support the sales team approx. 80% of the time.
- Valid Driving Licence
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 24th February 2020.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis