School Office Administrator
Location: South B, off Mombasa road, Nairobi
Our client, a Kindergarten & Primary school, is recruiting for a School Office Administrator to join their growing team.
Job Summary: A successful School Office Administrator will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
They include providing support to management, staff and parents, assisting in daily office needs and managing the school’s general administrative activities.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure the administrative activities run smoothly on a daily and long-term basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General office administration and front of house duties:
- Meet and greet all visitors to the School
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls
- Process and distribute incoming letters
- Carry out general admin duties e.g. typing letters
- Maintain the general email accounts, responding to queries/directing enquiries as required
- Assist in the upkeep of contact records, including student, staff and parent contact information
- Order stationery, first-aid equipment and sundries
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and orderly admin office
Day to Day running of the School
- Help maintain general order in the school
- Assist the management team
- Filter and respond to enquiries from staff and parents
- Assist with organizing meeting rooms
- Organize refreshments for meetings, including ordering food and making tea and coffee
- Assist with the preparation and circulation of meeting papers
- Write minutes for staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Create invoices and liaise with Finance Department regarding payments
- Receive cheques and payment advices
Marketing & Events
- Assist with the management of guest lists for school performances and special events, both at the School and at external venues
- Assist with distribution of invites, via email, post or by hand to local neighbors
- Assist with the coordination of internal photo-shoots
- Assist with maintenance of image archive
- Format and send termly newsletter
- Prepare relevant paperwork, exams, where required.
- Manage Register and attendance of pupils and staff
- Coordinate transport schedules as required
- Manage outgoing post and records data on special deliveries
- Photocopy and file appropriate documents as needed
- Attend workshops and conferences when requested
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the level of this position
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator or similar role
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Diploma/Degree in a business related field; additional qualifications in Office Administration are a plus
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 4th March 2020.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.