A State Agency in the security and administration of justice sector seeks to recruit a competent officer to fill a vacant position in its establishment.
Applicants must be Kenyan Citizens committed to delivering results and ready to work in a challenging environment and for long hours under minimum supervision.
The Agency will offer a competitive package to the successful candidate. .
Chief Protection Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief Protection Officer will be reporting to the Deputy Director, Operations.
He/she will be responsible for the implementation of the Agency’s mandate in a result oriented and timely manner to achieve its set goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Overall in-charge of a regional office;
- participate in the development of relevant policies, manuals and standard operating procedures;
- implement and ensure adherence to the policies, manuals and standard operating procedures;
- ensure that operations are done within the provided legal framework and international best practices;
- overall in charge of the security and safety of clients, members of staff and property of the Agency in the regional office;
- ensure effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Agency’s operational matters in the region;
- ensure and uphold effective national, regional and international networks/collaboration/cooperation;
- ensure adherence to set service level agreements and MOUs with both local and international entities;
- ensure continued vetting of regional staff; offer appropriate leadership and guidance for effective operational activities;
- promote development, and motivation of staff;
- in-charge of budgeting and procurement of commodities for the region and
- ensure prudent utilization of funds within the budgetary limits.
Qualifications and Experience
For appointment to tis grade, an applicant must have
i. A Bachelor’s degree in law, criminology, public administration, management – or comparable qualifications from a recognized university.
ii. Worked as a Deputy Chief Protection Officer for a minimum of three (3) years OR fifteen (15) years’ experience in intelligence, police, military or any other recognized local/international security organization three (3) of
which must have been at the level of Deputy Chief Intelligence Officer, Superintendênt of police or Lieutenant Colonel or an equivalent position in a recognized local/international security organization.
iii. Training in Intelligence, Covert Operations, Investigations, Operational courses.
iv. Knowledge in criminal justice system, covert operations, criminal investigations, the Kenya constitution and Criminal Procedure Code.
v. Knowledge in Corporate Governance and have a Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than 6 weeks or equivalènt course from a recognized institution.
vi. A valid driving license. .
Note: Possession of a relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Note: For the position, the candidate must, in addition, possess the following attributes:
- high integrity;
- ability to make appropriate decisions;
- self-driven and motivated;
- strong communication and good interpersonal skills;
- be a team player and have respect for diversity;
- have ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- be computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications with some detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, copies of appointment and promotional letters and other relevant testimonials, copy of National Identity Card, telephone contact, e-mail address, and names of three referees with their contacts.
In addition, candidates should obtain clearance certificates from the following bodies: –
1. Higher Education Loans Board
2. Kenya Revenue Authority
3. Directorate of Criminal Investigation
4. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
5. Credit Reference Bureau
6. Any professional body to which the candidate is a member
Clearance certificates from the above mentioned bodies are to be availed during interview by those shortlisted.
Applications dearly indicating the Job Title and Reference Number on both the letter and envelope should be dropped at Daily Nation Head Office in Nairobi or send to the address below so as to be received on or before 25th
P.O. Box 49010-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.