Job Title: Teacher
Location: Thindigua, Kiambu
Working Hours: 7am – 4:30pm
Our client is an established kindergarten and primary school based in Kiambu county.
They seek to hire a teacher to plan and execute appropriate activities for the students each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans.
S/He will also assist with the planning of the curriculum by providing safe, creative and appropriate educational opportunities for all children within an inclusive environment.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- Develop schemes of work and lesson plans, while establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities
- Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- Prepare classroom for class activities and be able to use relevant technology to support instruction
- Identify, select and use different instructional resources and methods in educational activities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan activities that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children
- Measure and evaluate individual student’s overall and holistic performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and other assignments
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
- Prepare required reports on students and activities
- Manage overall student behavior and discipline in and out of class by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, in accordance with established disciplinary systems of the school
- With guidance from the Head Teacher, perform certain pastoral duties including student support and counseling students with academic problems
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- Administer First Aid to children immediately an accident happens and report the incident to management to ensure proper and continuous care is given.
- Report any lost student items and mixed up items to the management team
- Maintain a positive, healthy relationships with co-workers, children, and parents. Ensure and maintain teamwork while working with other teachers and school staff.
- Participate in departmental, staff and parent meetings
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Qualified teacher with an ECDE and/or P1 diploma or a combination of both
- Registered by the TSC
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience teaching early learners
- Demonstrate a strong passion for education and young children
- Strong classroom management skills.
- A team player mentality – enjoy working in teams and group problem solving.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Teacher) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th March 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.