The Nature Conservancy
Protecting nature. Preserving life.
Job Title: Director, Product Development, Debt Conversions
Your Position with TNC
The Director, Product Development. Debt Conversions will report to the Deputy Managing Director, Blue Bonds in NatureVest. Debt Conversions involve negotiating the restructuring of a country’s sovereign debt using investment capital and credit enhancement to create funding to finance marine conservation and related activities in the country.
The Director’s role shall be to lead the development and implementation of debt conversions primarily in the Africa region, but potentially in other regions across the globe where Debt Conversions opportunities can be identified.
S/he will engage in ah aspects of capital-raising including the soliciting of potential investors and donors, and the management of investor relationships.
Key responsibilities shall also include identifying and negotiating key partnership arrangements, developing financial models (including the incorporation of blended finance and credit enhancement mechanisms), performing due diligence and risk assessments . mitigation, developing internal and external materials, and structuring and closing the deals.
Location is flexible, but preferred locations are Arlington, VA. USA; Nairobi, Kenya; or London, UK.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years’experience in a private sector environment, such as management consulting and investment banking, or with a leading conservation organization or government entity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing and implementing complex projects and strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment.
- Experience leading and managing large scale projects, including working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements.
- Multi-lingual skills (French, Portuguese, or Arabic) and/or multi-cultural experience.
- Strong team player who can build relationships and work collaboratively across the organization and with Conservancy partners.
- Experience working with governments, multi-lateral, and/or bi-lateral institutions.
- Ability to successfully develop and implement complex projects in an unstructured environment.
- Outstanding analytical and project management capabilities.
- Superior written and oral communications. V
- International work experience desirable. Experience working in Africa preferred.
- MBA or similar degree with significant coursework in finance or economics.
The Nature Conservancy is committed to diversity and encourages candidates with diverse and nontraditional backgrounds to apply.
This description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for this job.
For full Job profile and how to apply please visit http://careers.nature.org and search for job with ID#48493.
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload, buttons online.
All applications must be submitted in the system prior to end of March 14th, 2020.