Job Title: Logistics Senior Supervisor – Outbound Logistics
Division: Sales & Marketing
Section / Unit: Logistics
Location / Work station: Toyota Business Park
Direct / Indirect Reports
The number of person (s) reporting to this job directly and their designations / titles:
- Logistics Coordinator (3)
- Registration Coordinator (1)
- PDI Coordinator (1)
The number of person (s) reporting to this job indirectly and their designations / titles: N/A-
Key work relationships / clients:
- Sales teams
- Toyota Tsusho East Africa
- Sale strategic & planning Team
- Finance Team
- Information Technology Team
- Clearing agents (Kuehne+Nagel etc)
- Bright house SAP consultant Team
- Real Dynamics Talo Consultant Team
Purpose of the job
- Responsible for planning, performance, integrity and security of Logistics data/ information by use of available systems i.e. TALO/ SAP and other databases, in relation to stock and yard management and other systems related processes for Toyota Kenya products.
- Manage Stocks, Yard operations and Vehicle preparation & delivery in a timely and cost effective manner.
Main responsibilities of the job
Managerial / Supervisory
- Maintain systems data integrity by ensuring real time update through regular structured checks and reviews of systems information and reports
- Liaise with TKEN IT team and other consultants to ensure that systems run without any major interruptions
- Support logistics systems users in resolution of any arising issues through various available channels to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Coordinate monthly vehicle stock take process by providing guidance on stocks location and participation in the count & reconciliation process to ensure all vehicles are accounted for
- Assist in developing and implementing Logistics standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to enhance better understanding of internal/ external expectations for efficient operations.
- Allocate staff resources according to changing needs in order to maintain an effective and productive team for improved performance
- Recommend team training and development needs to achieve continuous team and individual growth.
- Set, track and review individual and team objectives to ensure achievement of section’s PMS goals
- Ensure team adheres to set processes, procedures and quality standards for timely customer service delivery
- Daily supervision of Inbound Logistics team to ensure compliance to company policies and guidelines as per employee handbook
- Promote environmental health and safety (EHS) standards and practices for safe staff and work place through ensuring strict adherence to EHS/ ANZEN policies
- Assist to prepare and maintain leave schedules per HR expectations
- Assist in departmental budget preparation and follow-up for full implementation upon approval
- Assist to monitor and control departmental expenses to ensure adherence to departmental budget
- Facility maintenance- Assist to identify and follow-up repairs/ works from suppliers or relevant internal departments to ensure the VLC facility is properly maintained.
- Ensure that all vehicle stocks and other TKEN products are safely stored, maintained, and prepared as per company expectations and / or Toyota Global standards
- Ensure real time location movement updates in the systems to maintain real time system tracing of all vehicles
- Regularly check yard space available and advise relevant individuals to ensure proper planning for all vehicle receipts
- Plan and execute all internal physical movements to ensure vehicles are moved according to VLC procedures and guidelines.
- Vehicle age- accurately and promptly update vehicle age start date in the systems as per stocks policy and guidelines to help maintain credible age analysis data.
- Coordinate and follow-up shipping documentation from supplier(s) to ensure timely upload of vehicle (Vin/Chassis) details into the system as per sales teams requirements.
- Coordinate timely and accurate system stocking of vehicles (Purchase Order creation, Good Receipt and invoice management) as per existing guidelines to facilitate smooth vehicle allocations and payment of suppliers
- Liaise with SSP /TTEA teams to obtain CKD assembly details and update lot numbers in the systems against uploaded vehicle details.
- Super user role– assist users in the division on follow-up and resolution of SAP/ TALO issues and participate in any other SAP/TALO super user activities.
- Follow-up with relevant teams to ensure that all required updates e.g. Vehicle invoicing/physically delivery, are promptly done to enhance data integrity
- Monitor and assist to control all systems processes relating to logistics function to flows to facilitate smooth flow and storage of information
- Approve vehicle dispatch and collection documents i.e. delivery notes, gate passes, vehicle collection vouchers and fuel vouchers in ensuring that all relating requirements have been met.
- Assist in preparation and roll-out of any new system or soft wares in the department
- Assist to approve supplier invoices for accurate and prompt supplier payments in the absence of or upon request by the manager
- Assist team to resolve day to day operational issues to meet customer needs
- Oversee timely registration of Toyota products with government agencies i.e. NTSA/ KRA
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
Minimum level of academic qualification
- Degree in business related field
Minimum professional qualification
- Diploma in Supply chain management or related field
Experience and Training
Minimum years of experience
- Two years of work experience in a similar position
- Product knowledge
- Basic financial knowledge
- Customer relations
- Performance management
- Cost management
- Organizational procedures and policies
- Customs & Clearance knowledge
- EHS policies
- Database management
- IT knowledge
- Stock management
Soft skills and attributes
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Innovation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
- Time management skills
- Planning & Organizing skills
- Self-drive & Initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Goals & Standards setting skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly forward your application enclosing a detailed word version of your curriculum vitae together with a cover letter by 22nd February 2020 to email@example.com
Please indicate Logistics Senior Supervisor as the header of your email.