Our client is an FMCG (food) manufacturing company and is looking to hire a Trade Marketing Manager who shall be responsible for brand strategy development and execution.
He/she shall offer support to sales and marketing teams and offer trade perspective that improves the development, planning and implementation of the company’s brand plans, objectives and strategies through effective sales plans and actions.
Ideal candidate is an execution superstar with a knack for details and able to lead multiple teams in diverse national geographies towards achievement of set corporate trade marketing goals.
- Contribute to the category business plan and ensure that category business plans is seamlessly communicated to the field sales teams with clear deliverables.
- Ensure that the field sales team is well aligned to the targets and set actions to deliver on targets.
- Motivate, Train and Coach Trade Marketing team. Develop annual training and refresher training calendar for the team
- Manage the product/category margins to meet the set GP while still maintaining price competitiveness
- Setting and monitoring clear performance objectives for all team members.
- Plan and develop in-store materials (POSM) that delivers clear brand positioning.
- Development of marketing brand strategies and objectives into retail segment plans
- Champion the Commercial Planning process.
- Develop a market research framework and track on competitive position including tracking and analyzing the competitor activities.
- Monitoring, evaluating and advising on Brand/segment volume, trends and dynamics.
- Influence and develop medium/long term trade segment strategy.
- Manage 3rd party merchandising agency and continuously ensure review of standards as per trade needs.
- Influence and direct customer strategy for PR.
- Measure and report on the sales fundamentals of Quality, Distribution, Price, Promotion and Persuasion.
- Develop and co-ordinate customized promotions by segment and major customers. Liaise with vendors and key accounts for their inputs
- Develop and maintain leading edge POS resources.
- Oversee the development of trade strategy review documents and drive the review process
- Take lead in development and execution of performance tracking dashboards
- Trade Research interpretation and development of corrective action plans.
- Assume a pivotal role in forecasting.
- Planning and execution of marketing programs in the trade that will include the managing of all merchandising and events.
- Work with Sales team and the appointed agency to ensure smooth implementation of campaigns in desired mediums i.e. outdoor, in-store.
- To ensure the availability of product through the channel and champion channel management.
- B. Com, Marketing or other business or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated success in in Sales, Marketing and Trade Marketing a busy FMCG environment
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a commercial role, sales & marketing and/or trade marketing
- Demonstrable people leadership skills
- Strong character with experience in successfully running both modern and general market trade and brand strategies.
- Knowledge of driving performance through merchandising agencies
- Able to drive activities with a lean budget.
- An execution superstar with strong commercial acumen.
- Heavily detailed
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria set above and are up to this challenge, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should reach us no later than 25th February, 2020.
Quote “TRADE MARKETING MANAGER” in your email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.