Our client is a distribution company dealing with consumer goods and with a large footprint in East and Central Africa.
They seek to hire an experienced candidate to join their team in Nairobi in the capacity of Operations Assistant / Warehouse Supervisor.
Salary: Ksh 35,000 – 40,000
Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Entry
- Creating Picking lists
- Verifying and approving Picking list
- Receiving and Dispatching of goods
- Closing and sending Material requests to Mombasa
- Follow up on direct deliveries
- Creating of Purchase orders and sending to suppliers
- Store supervision
- Sales return
- Sample lists (Returnable DO)
- Delivery route plan
- Operations update
- Assisting Operations
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in warehousing or Operations Management;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, data analysis and documentation abilities
- Strong business acumen and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, storage, retrieval/order assembling and timely dispatch of goods
- Supervisor and schedule employees to ensure timely and efficient order fulfillment and motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met/exceeded
- Liaise with customers and transporters to ensure timely delivery of products
- Ensure efficient utilization of space
- Keep stock control systems and records up to date, ensuring inventory accuracy and plan for future capacity requirements
- Produce required reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock. Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and company policies
- Study and sharing of Local LPOs for approvals before forwarding to respective suppliers
- Ensuring all vehicles are in well conditions, serviced, and licensed for road worthiness
- Ensure that quality objectives and delivery deadlines/productivity targets are met
- A good team-player with strong and demonstrated leadership capability, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, logical reasoning and sound IT skills
- Must have the ability to monitor and implement warehouse procedures as well as supervise a team effectively
- Attention to detail, above average organization skills and ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment. Safety experience an added advantage
- Conversant to Accounting software and at least 2 years’ work experience
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are required to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS ASSISTANT” on the subject line.
Applications shall close on 5th March 2020.
Note that this is an urgent fill and the role could close earlier once suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.