Wells Oil Ltd
Job Opening: Business Development and Marketing Manager
Wells Oil Ltd is a company based in Western Kenya Region (HQ in Kisumu) with a distinguished record of business success in the energy sector particularly in the distribution and retail of petroleum, lubricants and LPG.
We seek to recruit an aggressive result-oriented individual for the above position.
1. Supervision and Operations
- Manage day to day marketing activities and long-term marketing strategy for the company.
- Guide SMEs in preparation of weekly itinerary to ensure regional balancing.
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives/activities through analysis and advise accordingly.
- Review weekly field reports pegged on itinerary, evaluate sales projections and offer recommendations.
- Chair weekly marketing meetings and oversee submission of minutes.
- Supervise, motivate and manage performance of SMEs pegged on set targets
- Establishes marketing goals/targets based on past performance and market forecasts
- Prepare, monitor and oversee the marketing budget on a monthly and quarterly basis in order to allocate funds objectively.
- Track all marketing and sales data measure and create comprehensive monthly reports for presentation to TMT.
- Periodically evaluate and appraise team members in liaison with the HR dept.
- Provides in-depth information to interested clients and acts as a representative for the marketing department in important buyer meetings.
- Manage communication and updates for customers in liaison with the CRO(s) and provide necessary support.
- Present ideas for deliberations with stations supervisors and present proposals to TMT for consideration.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant departments are kept informed of marketing objectives.
2. Business Development and Strategy
- Gather customer and market insights to inform strategies for increasing sales and generate more leads.
- Facilitate implementation of marketing strategies for the company in line with company strategic goals.
- Establish target markets and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different market segments
- Analyze and advice on potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and suppliers
- Arrange meet ups with prospective clients as well as new and existing clients to marshal feedback in order to build long-term relationships.
3. Brand positioning, promotions and campaigns
- Planning and presenting concepts on promotional campaigns at least quarterly.
- Lead the execution of marketing promotions and campaigns from start to finish.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns to gain insight and assess against goals
- Work in partnership with the ICT team to prepare online and print marketing materials.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and social page at least monthly to attracts and convert our target market.
4. Research and Market Survey
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies.
- Carry out price surveys in liaison with team from time to time.
- Carry out market share surveys semiannually in liaison with team to analyze growth trend and impact of competition for decision making.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/B. Com preferably Sales and Marketing option.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience in the marketing department with FMCG Industry with at least 2 Years of working experience as a Marketing Manager.
- Strong analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and Customer centric
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience in working with and exceeding sales targets
- Prospecting skills, good negotiator
- Itinerary/route planning
- Market and products knowledge
- Presentation skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements send your application (indicate your pay expectation) and detailed CV only to;
The Group Human Resource & Admin. Manager, Wells Oil Ltd, Box 3936 40100 Kisumu.
OR Email – email@example.com (Subject –B. D & Marketing Manager)
Application deadline: 25th February 2020
We always endeavor to make contact with all our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline, kindly acknowledge that your application was not successful on this occasion but may be considered in future.