Young Women Christian Association (YWCA)
Job Advertisement: Project Officer
The Young Women’s Christian Association of Kenya was founded in 1912 with the cardinal aim of bringing together girls and women in an effort to build their capacities to address issues that affect them.
The Association currently has seven regional branches; Mombasa, Kisumu, Meru, Nairobi, Kisii, Tana River and Siaya.
Through these Branches it serves women and youth in the community.
Job Title: Project Officer
Reporting To: Head of Programs
Location: To be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to project sites (Mombasa, Kisumu)
Job Summary: The project Officer will spearhead the delivery of Gender-Climate and Inclusion aspect of the project.
S/he will be expected to support establishment of strategic partnerships with Climate and Gender equality focused stakeholders in order to deliver the gender-Climate outputs of the project.
The project Officer will ensure efficient and effective attainment of project objectives and goals while also adhering to Organizational strategy, climate and gender policy.
- Provide oversight on project planning, implementation and review.
- Responsible for strengthening the management and directing the project including the planning and monitoring of the project in collaboration with the partners.
- Ensuring the technical quality of implementation of activities and accompanying the teams in the field.
- Management and coordination of field operations ensuring compliance with program policies.
- Coordinating activities with various projects partners and interface with National and County government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate training to TOTs in addressing gender based violence such as FGM eradication, prevention of easy marriage and pregnancy.
- Conduct gender and advocacy monitoring and evaluation in programs.
- Create knowledge building and sharing sessions on the policies and availability of Government Funds E.g. Women Enterprise Fund, Youth Development Fund, Green Climate fund, Constituency Development fund etc. for small scale entrepreneurs.
- Facilitate awareness of Income generating Activities and Savings and Investment Groups.
- Adequate training on the policies around climate change Act 2016.
- Ensure proper training is executed during the inception of group formation and dynamics on climate change projects and savings investment groups.
- Building capacity of the youth to join climate change networks and climate policy forums.
- Organize stakeholders for engagement and consultations.
- Ensure in designing and dissemination of use materials of SRHR and FP in accessible format and used for awareness and advocacy
- Training, Coaching, mentorship and talent development through the advocacy groups SIG group and IGAs for economic empowerment continuity to the target group.
- Work closely with the media to bring change on disability perception and quality counseling to PLWDs and YLWDs.
- Represent YWCA in various stakeholders’ forums and donor meetings.
- Degree in Social Studies or Gender Development studies or Environmental studies, Environmental planning and Management or other relevant disciplines.
- Experience in providing technical support on gender and disability inclusion with reference to Climate change initiatives.
- Experience working with people with disability and the youth.
- Experience in advocacy at various levels (County, National and International)
- In-depth understanding of causes of poverty vulnerability and gender inequality in Kenya with knowledge of political, Social, Economic Social and technological environments is desirable.
- Experience working in informal settlements.
- Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply.
How to Apply
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 4th of March 2020.