Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond.
The University is ISO 9001:2015 certified and offers programmes in Information Technology, Business, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and Media Studies.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
In line with our commitment to bring on board talented and motivated team members, we are seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of a Research Assistant.
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/96
Duties & Responsibilities;
The position-holder’s responsibilities, among others, will include the following:
- To contribute to teaching and be involved in the assessment of student knowledge including assisting in the supervision of student projects and in the development of student research skills
- Assist academic staff and Students to undertake research as appropriate including:
- Develop research objectives and proposals,
- Prepares literature reviews for faculty research projects,
- Writing up research work for publication,
- Preparing presentations for national and international conferences and similar events,
- Analyzing and interpreting the results of research and generating ideas based on outcomes,
- Identify areas for research, developing new research methods and extending the research portfolio
- Provide guidance as required to support staff and any students who may be needing assistance with the research. Manage University research and administration activities.
- Contribute to the planning of Research Conferences, workshop seminars and research projects
- Monitor research budgets and preparing departmental reports.
- Liaison and networking
- Contributing to collaborative decision making within the research group.
- Contributing to the production of collaborative research reports and
- Preparing papers and presenting information on research progress and outcomes to Funding institutions.
- Build internal contacts and participate in internal networks for the exchange of information and to form relationships for future collaboration.
- Work with Director Research to share information and identify potential sources of funds
Qualifications and Experience;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a research related field and undertaking their Masters degree
- A genuine and proven interest in research will be advantageous
- Possess sufficient knowledge in the discipline and of research methods and techniques to work within established research programmes
- Evidence of research activity and published research is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advance Knowledge of data analysis using SPSS, R programming or SAS
- Project management experience and knowledge of statistical analysis
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address –email@example.com quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/96 in the subject line and indicating the Current and Expected Salary on your application letter not later than 10th March 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note: Zetech University does not require applicants to pay any money at any stage during the recruitment process
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER