Position: Team Leader – Field Operations
Region: Nyanza Sub-station, Trans Nzoia Sub-station, Voi Sub-station
Reporting to: Regional Technical Manager – Western and Eastern Region
Department: Technology Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services.
Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
About This Role
The incumbent will be responsible for fulfilment of business requirements on existing and new service platforms and enablers including requirements elicitation, analysis, planning and implementation in accordance with organisational objectives.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate all activities relating to routine maintenance, corrective maintenance, root cause analysis and network quality initiatives for the active network components.
- Manage the service providers and TowerCo’s ensuring passive network components are adequately maintained.
- Lead a team of field engineers and will need to have a proven track record of delivering outstanding results through people.
- Need to be highly familiar with internal and external SLA’s, escalation matrix and governance and understand fully the implications of SLA‘s and the impact on customer satisfaction.
Requirements for the job:
- Higher National Diploma with 5 plus years’ experience as filed engineer or Bachelor of Science in Electronic, Telecommunication Engineering or related field.
- Have Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a field engineer
- Ability to manage a team of up to 10 engineers.
- Must have a proven track record of achieving results through people.
- Ability to manage routines and schedules.
- Ability to work on their own or in a group
- Ability to analyse and track costs
- Ability to enforce, analyse and improve on process pertaining to routine, preventative and change management.
- Proven track record managing and enforcing SLA’s both internal and external
- Working knowledge of IT such as Microsoft Office
- Proven track record in the ability to analyse trends, undertake root cause analysis, identify key issues and put in place actions to address and improve network & service availability and quality.
- Ability to look beyond the network and understand impact of actions on the customer
- Required to live within the region being managed
- Highly skilled engineer able to competently resolve issues on all access network technologies including but not limited to:
- 2G/3G/4G BTS
- Access transmission – microwave
- Access transmission – fibre routers including splicing.
- Fibre Optics (routers and cable)
- DC Power (batteries and rectifier)
- Must be able to work at height (certified), in confined spaces and in all weathers.
- Must be able to drive (hold a valid driving license)
How to Apply
Application should be sent by 31st March, 2020, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.