Our Client in the Automotive Sector seeks to hire a Workshop Manager.
The Workshop Manager will be responsible for ensuring job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations and working with the operations manager to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensuring supplies are ordered for each job. Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Managing inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
- Regularly reporting progress on each job and quickly communicating delays or concerns with the Operations manager. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Ensuring adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials in the Service Area.
- Investigating customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Developing and implementing systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquiries.
- Identifying staff that require on-going training and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved.
- Providing feedback to staff that are not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promoting a Health and Safety culture within the business
- Reviewing customers service orders and inspect the quality of technician repairs before the release of vehicles.
- Reviewing work orders to ensure that all actions have been documented according to Service Workshop policies and procedures.
- Receiving and reviewing feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Planning and preparing annual budget for the department and facilities, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Follow up closely during implementation.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) or a related discipline
- At least 3-5 Years relevant sales experience in related industry.
- Extensive Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs
- Must have previously held a supervisory role.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various vehicles, including tractor trailers, RTGs, reach stackers, and mobile cranes.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications and familiar with various types of safety gear and their application.
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills & knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Dynamic, strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and ability to coach and motivate team.
- Ability to advise customers on the required jobs in a timely, professional manner.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Workshop Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.