Fresh Life is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
Citywise seeks an associate to bring skills in quantitative analysis and financial/business modeling to support on data analysis and modeling across projects. The Citywise portfolio is constantly evolving, and the associate will be involved in all stages of this work, from concept development through presenation of recommendations.
In early 2020, the associate will be responsible for developing and employing financial analysis tools to evaluate the effectiveness of a new waterless sanitation product and the accompanying waste service delivery model, and to determine the viability of different product and service offerings in new markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team tackling unanswered questions in the sanitation/development space. A successful candidate will have:
- ~ 2 years of work experience
- Experience building complex financial models (in excel)
- Strong understanding of data analytics – as passionate about upholding data integrity as you are about diving into analytical relationships and trends
- Comfort handling imperfect data and the ability to work independently to navigate data complexities to arrive at logical assumptions
- Recognition that both innovation and sustained effort are required to develop lasting solutions to complex problems
- Experience developing KPIs at the start of a project and adjusting metrics throughout project execution
- Humility and ability to easily adapt to different settings
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication
- Strong powerpoint skills
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience in developing country contexts a plus
- Willing to travel internationally as needed
- Background in management consulting or a related field would be beneficial but is not required
- Fluency in French would be beneficial but is not required
What you’ll do:
- Build financial models for the pilot program – conduct comparative NPV analyses for different combinations of product and services to inform decisions
- Manage data coming in from the field to ensure quality and integrity
- Develop and improve data collection tools
- Create new and improve existing program management systems, including deliverables calendar, expenditure tracking and other “central command” work
- Own and develop predictive analytics model to inform Fresh Life product/service offerings and market expansion decisions in close collaboration with Citywise Director
- Present analysis and project work to Sanergy senior leadership and other key stakeholders
- Support project implementation in the field as needed
Please submit a cover letter HERE clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 12th April 2020.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.