Biodiversity and Biosafety Association of Kenya (BIBA-Kenya)
Job Opportunity: Administrative Intern
Administrative Intern Duties: Biodiversity and Biosafety Association of Kenya (BIBA-Kenya) is a coalition of over 60 Farmer organizations, animal welfare networks, consumer networks; faith-based organizations; and community-based groups. They all have an interest and work in the areas of environment, agriculture, health and biodiversity.
BIBA-Kenya wishes to engage an Administrative Intern to support project administrative duties, management and implementation.
Qualified and interested candidates are herein requested to respond to this advert appropriately
The Administrative Intern will report to the Finance Officer.
- To assist the day to day running of the BIBA Kenya Secretariat
- To assist in the organization of the logistics of BIBA Kenya events, meetings, forums, travel as advised.
- To maintain the BIBA Kenya filing system, contact lists
- To answer and direct calls and provide information to visitors in the office
- To maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- To cover the reception desk when required
- To prepare invoices and receipts as required
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- To compile data related to attendances in meetings and events
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may be delegated or instructed by the supervisor
- Undergraduate degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Environmental Science, Natural Resources or a Project related courses from a reputable university.
- The applicant should have basic accounting skills preferably ATD 1-3 or CPA 1-2 with knowledge of office management systems and procedures, excellent time management skills and strong organizational and planning skills.
Terms of Service & Remuneration: This is not a salaried / remunerated position and the person to be engaged will benefit from a decent allowance. The candidate who will secure this opportunity will be engaged on a probation period of 6 months as an intern after which there will be a performance appraisal done on him/her to determine competency before being confirmed.
Location: The person to be engaged will be based in Thika within the BIBA-Kenya offices.
Deadline and Application Procedure: Deadline for submission of the applications will be Friday 13th March, 2020.
Applications to should include a Cover letter and CV only as attachments to be sent by email only to:
The National Coordinator,
Biodiversity and Biosafety Association of Kenya, email:
with the subject line “Application for Administrative Assistant” Ref: Administrative Intern13/03/2020.
Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.